This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3rd party ringtones

Leis
Star II

I have zenfone 8 and liked the Windows Lumia 640 phone several (already) years ago and wanted to get the notification sounds and ringtones on my Zenfone (now) and haven't been too successful thus far. However, there was one i found from that phone and i used it on the main ringer via Sim and the thing is or was, (my phone got stolen actually, i have just now purchased a 2nd phone). Ok but i noticed having that installed successfully as main ringer tone, it was a lot quieter or low volume. Then a guy was trying to sell software to enhance the 3rd party add-ons as he put it, that programs like Zedge, yes, they have what i want but that it would end up being in the same capacity--installed and then the sound would dim down. His software would work greatly as it (i tested it to that end and sure it seemed great but the cost was seemingly a little much for a couple ringtones). Even while at the same time getting free tones from Zedge.

Do you have any input or thoughts in that regard to this or having experienced that as similar experience or any ideas?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Glecas
Star III

There's no need to pay anything at all for custom ringtones. Just obtain the ringtone and simply transfer it to your phone via Wi-Fi or USB cable.

If the volume is too low, you could use any free audio-editing software to just increase the volume on that file.

Done and done.

View solution in original post

tochmi
Zen Master I

It's nice to find someone around here who has enjoyed a lumia, as I have too (1020 and 650).

You can download Lumia ringtones from the internet and Copy them to the "ringtones" folder. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Glecas
Star III

There's no need to pay anything at all for custom ringtones. Just obtain the ringtone and simply transfer it to your phone via Wi-Fi or USB cable.

If the volume is too low, you could use any free audio-editing software to just increase the volume on that file.

Done and done.

Hey Glecas, Thanks for tip off. I should point at a couple things that right now at home I don't have wi-fi hookup-able to the phone. At work a friend is going to set my wifi up w/our work's wi-fi. That's where/when i can utilize and obtain whatever that needs wi-fi. Just about everything really. So, with that, i could still follow the method. No need (and I like that part where you said, simple transfer via wi or usb). That should work right now w/out...ok well, there's my first alreaady, i forgot. The signal's the key in doing the phone transfer. I can take the Lumia phone to get the ringtones off of at work then when wi-fi active on phone. Or for now, as far as that goes and I'm (let me tell you) after how many years, it's not been till recent that i learned wth wi-fi's got to do with most of it and that's a lot. Ha
Next i wanted to say Thanks for this other-and this is interesting how, editing software can increase if necessary, if even to that one ringtone/file. That's spectac! So in learning further, it can be designing on this zenfone if anything, fun. Thanks again i may have to ask a couple more questions later, if that's ok Glecas.

tochmi
Zen Master I

It's nice to find someone around here who has enjoyed a lumia, as I have too (1020 and 650).

You can download Lumia ringtones from the internet and Copy them to the "ringtones" folder. 

Hey tochmi,  Yeh greetings from the Nokia Windows history/historians. : )   That's why i sometime look at the Lumia phone still (and kept battery going). Actually to answer Glecas' above, after this, i kept battery going here awhile back as I tried the method, side-by-siding the 2 phones to 'extract' the ringtone(s) from Limia over and both phones blue-toothed fine, but here's the deal, i didn't get the tones, obviously, because i didn't have a lift off from Lumia, or that is, on zenfone, sure, it's receivable fine w/the file manager part that would aide in the process(?) but actually communicating to the Lumia phone to get lifted is where i don't find a way to do it. I believe that without phone service or the line to the Lumia's obviously not active or no phone service-I mean.

But yes, often i wished that Asus continued and did in some ways starting w/the size of this Zenphone and that is the FIRST reason i went for this phone. Size! And i like the fit i like everything about it that can still display big enough for me-scenes pics., texts, whatever and still i don't know 1/3 of what it's capable of. : )