This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will Asus Fix the Android 13 Issues on Zenfone 8?

AlPowell
Star I

Android 13 update has caused nothing but problems on my Zenfone 8 since it was released. Constant Bluetooth disconnecting from devices. Only to be fixed by restarting the phone. Hotspot option completely removed from settings menu, yet remains in the pull down tray, but does not allow me to turn on the hotspot. Called Asus support a while back only to be told to factory reset the phone to see if it that works. Been waiting for updates, only to get one since the release of android 13 that did not have any noticeable affect on anything.

My question is to the moderators monitoring. Will Asus fix their mess of android 13 on the Zenfone 8 or abandon it to get consumers to purchase their latest phone? I'll abandon the Asus brand if I have to buy a new phone after only having this one for a little over a year.

4 REPLIES 4

ZT-f8a9bf81
Rising Star I

Temporary resolution is to downgrade your software to A12 manually and turn off auto update, we have same issue with my asus Zenfone 8 flip, 

I appreciate the temporary solution. Although I would appreciate more if Asus would fix the issue. So other consumers and myself do not have to go through the hassle of rolling back to android 12 and going through phone setup again. Breaking/taking features from a product with an update then abandoning it to move to your next product is not acceptable quality management.

Aureliannn_ASUS

Hi @AlPowell 

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Please check the top right corner and kindly share the serial number and details requested in the PM inbox.

ZenBot
Community Manager
Community Manager
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.