Paladin
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Zenfone 7 Pro
Firmware Version: WW-29.14.53.5
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence: Often
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Observed YouTube Music stuttering/ skipping when using with Android Auto. Did not happen in Zenfone 6 or other phones. Also occurs when used to play music on Zenfone 7 Pro. Seems to work fine when not connected to Android Auto in the vehicle. What else can I try?
9 REPLIES 9

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
Paladin

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: Zenfone 7 Pro
  2. Firmware Version: WW-29.14.53.5
  3. Rooted or not: No
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: Often
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

Observed YouTube Music stuttering/ skipping when using with Android Auto. Did not happen in Zenfone 6 or other phones. Also occurs when used to play music on Zenfone 7 Pro. Seems to work fine when not connected to Android Auto in the vehicle. What else can I try?

YouTube Music Stuttering/ Skipping when used with Android Auto
I haven't noticed this behavior in my car. Could be specific for your car. I will send you a PM with log tool instructions

Paladin
Star III
Thanks. The vehicle is KIA Cerato Forte K3 (2017)
Observed something interesting. Media seems to play just fine on Android Auto with Waze running when turn by turn navigation is not in use. Stutter occurs when turn by turn navigation is used i.e. with voice instructions. Maybe this is a ducking issue? Will try to install the log tool.

Paladin
Star III
Sent the General and Sounds logs. Definitely occurs immediately after Waze navigation voice prompt. Hope this helps.

Paladin
Star III
Just investigating this issue further. Waze currently uses the Default Notification sound which in my case set it to Silent i.e. this is my default sound. Have now set Waze notification to Silent. Will test tomorrow and revert. It may well be that the "stutter" is in effect Waze playing the Silent notification. This is weird since I've not had to toggle this setting before in my Zenfone 6 and other phones.