This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone completely unusable [ZF 7 pro]

NtTestAlert
Star II
I feel like this is a problem with the latest update but probably not only.
NFC never really worked reliably so I gave up on that and just keep my card in my case.
But especially after the latest update the phone keeps extremely overheating, hanging to be COMPLETELY unresponsive including power button, usually ending up in me doing a hard reboot (and I know it is an OS level issue because the phone is responsive on other interfaces including hotspot. also if I happen to be in a zoom call I can still continue the call but without screen/touchscreen or even volume control), rebooting randomly for no apparent reason.
This is supposed to be a top tier flagship and my user experience lately has been as if I bought the cheapest xiaomi phone available. Not to mention the lack of mmwave and fake 5g advertising. Lack of dual standby is also extremely cheap on your part.
Fix your kernel and cpu governance (and schedutil deffo aint it chief), fix IO, fix your OS (including bugged bundled apps such as non-disablable asus home). Add some protection for overheating cause it is something that the user needs to monitor cause you never bothered. If every custom ROM developer on the planet can handle doing those things for free how can you be unable to bother for over a year?
There are countless other bugs / annoyances but nothing compared to this. I came to terms with the fact that I chose the wrong brand but I just want to be able to use my phone at all.
This is completely unprofessional and the updates are non-existent. Just bumping security patch level from google and calling it a day.

Since benchmarks show my device at lowest 1% of other ZF7Pro I will probably be returning it under warranty, but still other problems remain. (geekbench I dont even know cause the phone rebooted halfway thru the bench)
5 REPLIES 5

Roystoys
Zen Master III
Take the phone back it's obviously broken as no else seems to have your issues