fear_dot_com_20
Rising Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not:
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
After updating to A11 I started to see major issues with the battery optimizations, mostly on Gmail app, but once I started to investigate I see it overall. Email notification come with hours , if not tens of hours delay , which was not the case on A10. I noticed that even whether app is not updating in timely fashion.
It looks like phone goes to hibernate and not resumes for notification only once in a couple of hours if not more. Strangely but whatsapp is working fine. I have disabled all battery optimizations and I saw some improvements but not that good as in A10. Yesterday for instance, I lost a couple of important emails since they Gmail App only synchronized once in 10 hours....which is unacceptable.
Factory reset does not help since I have done it at least 7 times due to various issues since A11 update a week ago...

Please help!!!! I don't know what else to look for!
130 REPLIES 130

nidhin3
Zen Master I
morenomiguel1986

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/172804#Comment_172804

Yes, only some native Google and Asus apps, but not all, for example YouTube never fail to notify me.

Other apps are fine, I can get notifications and background updates from Outlook, Whatsapp, Twitter, Instagram, Skype, Pokémon Go, ...

Only some Google and Asus apps never update in the background and I have to open it manually so it gets up to date (I can see the last weather update being far in the past, or emails arriving only when I open Gmail).

I did record a log and send it to Asus, I hope it will help them find the issue.

I left Samsung because of similar issues and a dying battery, I was pleased with Asus until a few weeks/months ago since this happened... Where will I go next ?

View post
Okay... Does this issue persists even in Safe Mode
@fear_dot_com_2000 @morenomiguel1986

fear_dot_com_20
Rising Star II
I didn't know they have a safe mode. But as far I read it seems like the system is right after factory reset...I will try it just to check...but I reset the phone at least 5 times after A11 update and the result was always the same. After a while I loose notifications ... Lately is even worse, neither reboot helps much....

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
fear_dot_com_2000

I didn't know they have a safe mode. But as far I read it seems like the system is right after factory reset...I will try it just to check...but I reset the phone at least 5 times after A11 update and the result was always the same. After a while I loose notifications ... Lately is even worse, neither reboot helps much....

View post
To enter safe mode
Press and hold the power button until power options appear.
Tap and hold the on screen Power Off button.
Hold until you see Reboot to safe mode and then tap on the prompt.
Once you're in safe mode, make sure your phone is connected and send yourself an email from another device.

nidhin3
Zen Master I
fear_dot_com_2000

View post
Yeah, just try once mate... Can see if it's a third party app that is triggering the issue...

fear_dot_com_20
Rising Star II
Finished trying...same thing as well in safe mode....
As I said before before I opened this thread I tried everything: factory reset once direct after update...then noticed something wrong with the splendid app and I did another one. After that I loaded all my apps again and let it run...after a couple of days once I lost some emails I started to notice the notifications issue. So I did another factory reset. Then downgraded to A10 and let it run for a couple of days and all was fine. Updated again to 11, factory reset again after upgrade, load apps and since then the story with the thread...so after multiple factory reset, the issue is still there...
On A10 with the same apps and usage all works fine. With A11 for a while, with all battery optimizations off, the notifications are coming...after a while it stops...and I see that the apps are not refreshing ..them are killed and never restarted...so you have to go through all your apps to start them again....but at some point them stop again...and I loose again notifications ... Reboot helps for a while but not always ...