This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notifications problem

Siskowicz
Star II

First several months I didn't have any problems with all of my apps whatsoever. But lastly (1-3 months) majority of them  suddenly stopped sending any kinds of notifications (Examples: telegram, discord, dashchan, other messengers) except for banking app, gmail and Pinterest. They only send them exactly as I open the corresponding app. I checked all of the notification options inside and outside the apps. Is there any way to fix this?

P.S. Also there's still a problem with splitscreen feature. It leaves a permanent "second app" in "quick access" menu and the only way to get rid of it is to reboot the device.

Screenshot_20240215-125631_ASUS_Launcher.jpg

1 REPLY 1

original_ak
Star I

Hi, I'm providing some steps that I might think helps you addressing the notifications problem and the issue with the splitscreen feature:

Diagnosing Notification Issues: It sounds like you're experiencing some frustrating issues with your app notifications. The sudden halt in notifications from various apps like Telegram, Discord, and others, except for a few like your banking app and Gmail, is indeed perplexing.

Checking Notification Settings: You've already taken the right step by checking the notification options both within the apps and in your device settings. It's essential to ensure that notifications are enabled for these apps and that they're not being blocked or restricted in any way.

Possible Solutions: There could be several reasons behind this notification problem. First, try restarting your device. Sometimes, a simple reboot can resolve glitches and restore normal functioning. If that doesn't work, you might consider clearing the cache and data for the affected apps.

Updating Apps and OS: Another thing to check is whether your apps and operating system are up-to-date. Developers often release updates to address bugs and improve performance, including notification-related issues. Make sure all your apps are updated to the latest versions, as well as your device's operating system.

Battery Optimization Settings: Sometimes, aggressive battery optimization settings can interfere with app notifications. Check if any battery-saving features are enabled on your device that might be restricting background activity for these apps. You may need to whitelist them to ensure uninterrupted notifications.

App Permissions: Verify that the necessary permissions are granted to these apps, especially permissions related to notifications. If any permissions are revoked or set to "deny," it could prevent the apps from sending notifications properly.

Contacting Support: If the issue persists despite trying these steps, it might be worth reaching out to the support teams of the affected apps. They may have specific troubleshooting steps or insights into the problem that could help resolve it.

Regarding the splitscreen feature problem you mentioned, it seems like an inconvenience indeed. Leaving a permanent "second app" in the quick access menu sounds like a bug that needs addressing. Have you tried reporting this issue to your device's manufacturer or seeking assistance from their support channels? They might have a solution or workaround for this problem.

I hope these steps help you resolve the notification issue and address the splitscreen feature problem on your device.