cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Zenfone 6] Samsung S9/S9+ charger (bundled) not working with zenfone 6

yashtr
Star III
Hi,
I have a Samsung S9 for work and usually have my samsung charger ( came with box) at my office desk. A week ago I tried to charge my brand new Zenfone 6 with it and the device charged for almost 5 seconds and then stopped charging out of the blue (not just led light turning off). I thought the charger was faulty but after trying to charge with two other s9/s9+ chargers, my zenfone just wouln't charge. Can someone confirm if this is a bug or should I take my device to service center?
16 REPLIES 16

_jis_
Zen Master III

skylerwolfe
Zen Master I
_jis_

Check this thread:

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/14418/battery-charge-led-doesnt-stay-on

View post
Sounds like he's saying it's literally not charging, not just the led.

skylerwolfe
Zen Master I
yashtr

Hi,

I have a Samsung S9 for work and usually have my samsung charger ( came with box) at my office desk. A week ago I tried to charge my brand new Zenfone 6 with it and the device charged for almost 5 seconds and then stopped charging out of the blue (not just led light turning off). I thought the charger was faulty but after trying to charge with two other s9/s9+ chargers, my zenfone just wouln't charge. Can someone confirm if this is a bug or should I take my device to service center?

[Zenfone 6] Samsung S9/S9+ charger (bundled) not working with zenfone 6
Have you tried the factory charger and cable?

yashtr
Star III
Yes the asus charger works just fine no issues there. I don't know why it's not charging with the samsung one. Can this be a fault in my unit??