This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Single tap to turn on screen request

cornelis
Star III
I love the Z6 and ZenUi. But I find the "double tap to turn on the screen" quite inconsistent. It usually takes a few tries before the screen actually turns on. And that could be my fault, that I'm not tapping fast enough or the taps are too far away from each other. Therefore I would like to see a new option in ZenUi where you could just tap the screen once and it turns on, kind of like an iPhone or a OnePlus device. Please respond to make me know if it's possible, thanks! And again, love this phone!
19 REPLIES 19

cornelis
Star III
My suggestion is to add the option of a single tap, not removing the other options. A long press could also be an option. Double tapping (even when it works) fells for me less intuative than a single tap, and a lot of my friends have iPhones and it's so fast and reliable to just tap anywhere on the screen once and it turns on. Totally agree with bringing back the haptic feedback though!

evnchn
Rising Star II
VS-KR

I think that instead of a single tap, a long press would be better !

(Like if we are unlocking the phone with a fingerprint sesor below the screen ?)

(Can we have the haptic vibration back when we double tap please, I miss it...)

View post
There is currently haptic feedback for double tap in the latest build.

CH_ASUS
Community Legend II

cornelis

I love the Z6 and ZenUi. But I find the "double tap to turn on the screen" quite inconsistent. It usually takes a few tries before the screen actually turns on. And that could be my fault, that I'm not tapping fast enough or the taps are too far away from each other. Therefore I would like to see a new option in ZenUi where you could just tap the screen once and it turns on, kind of like an iPhone or a OnePlus device. Please respond to make me know if it's possible, thanks! And again, love this phone!

Single tap to turn on screen request
Double Tap to Wake will not listen to device edges. So if you are tapping towards the side and top edges it won't work. This is intentional as to prevent triggers when just "holding" the device in your hand.

If you try to adjust the tap-tap towards the center of the screen - do you feel it turns on more consistently?

cornelis
Star III
I always press in the center of screen. But consistency is not my request. It's to have a single tap option. Will you at least consider the request? Thanks for reply though.

skylerwolfe
Zen Master I
cornelis

I always press in the center of screen. But consistency is not my request. It's to have a single tap option. Will you at least consider the request? Thanks for reply though.

View post
I know this isn't what you're asking about, but have you tried the setting to allow swiping up to turn on the display?