This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proximity sensor .153

samvelkoch
Star III
Is there possibility to exclude proximity sensor from the camera management? Camera can not be rotated to selfie mode because of proximity sensor error which occurs since .153 update.
*Cam module could be rotated by volume buttons
35 REPLIES 35

samvelkoch
Star III
1 week passed after calibration and it still works fine. No more errors on my phone. So IMHO main idea is to catch moment when flipping works and make camera mechanism calibration immediately

italo98av
Star II
samvelkoch

1 week passed after calibration and it still works fine. No more errors on my phone. So IMHO main idea is to catch moment when flipping works and make camera mechanism calibration immediately

View post
Does the proximity sensor works correctly on calls and pocket mode?

samvelkoch
Star III

italo98av

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/88927#Comment_88927

Does the proximity sensor works correctly on calls and pocket mode?

View post
Yes. It does.

Zenfone6_Boy
Star III
Joining this club also, proximity sensor is constantly reporting "near" in proximity test

Calling perma-turns off the screen (unless I press power to wake device)
Playing audio in facebook messenger turns off my screen always (noticed as of last week)
Camera will not flip unless I'm incredibly lucky

italo98av
Star II
Zenfone6_Boy

Joining this club also, proximity sensor is constantly reporting "near" in proximity test

• Calling perma-turns off the screen (unless I press power to wake device)
  • Playing audio in facebook messenger turns off my screen always (noticed as of last week)
  • Camera will not flip unless I'm incredibly lucky

View post
Yes, these are the problems. Everything that use the proximity sensor read it's output like something is near.
As said previously, I think that's a SW bug brought by the last SW update because problems began after it
So the possible solutions are: wait for another update with a bugfixing or have enough luck like samvelkoch whose problems disappeared
I say this because like him I tried to reboot the phone many times to try if the flipping could work again and it didn't help