finnandjake1010
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: zenfine 6
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not: not
Frequency of Occurrence: every 5 or so minutes
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Since yesterday when I charged my phone, I'm getting this annoying issue that my phone randomly shuts off every 5 or so minutes, sometimes it freezes and starts to restart, sometimes after the freeze the screen just becomes white, and sometimes it just restart without any reason.
Also whenever it restarts it get's stuck in the ASUS logo for about 3 minutes and restarts again.
This started yesterday when I simply connected my phone that it was 10% in battery to the charger (official charger and cable).
I think I have the latest firmware but cannot confirm due to the fact that it just starts shutting down for no reason.
I'll try to speak to the support center of my country and hopefully fix the problem (I don't think they will but...) just wanted to know if anyone has similar problems or if someone knows how to fix this problem.
I really don't wanna get a new phone because mine is (well it was) perfectly fine and buying a new one it's just generating more e-waste
1 REPLY 1

finnandjake1010
Star II
Update, I have seem the posts looks like everyone has been getting some kind of bug or problemas similar to mine since the latest update Version 18.0610.2106.156
I tried calling to support but first, they charge you a minimum of about 100usd for repair (at least in my country) and it's not even 100% sure that it's gonna be solved.
Maybe I'll just get to a third party repair shop and if they can't fix the problem well... I'm done with these phone.
Seening all the other posts and the lack of response from Asus I guess this phone is dead and (I hope not) this is another case of planned obsolescence