This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone gets heated up when clicking 48 MP shots through rear cam

karanhv764
Star III
Even 5-10 minutes of using the camera on 48 MP which included clicking 10 photos on potrait made my device heated. Phone is updated to latest updated software received and have no restart issues other than this. I own an Indian version and got the device just 2 days back. Read a lot of mixed reviews about heating and hence unable to decide whether to go for a replacement ? Is it a software or hardware issue ? Will it get fixed in later updates or is the problem with particular unit ?

11 REPLIES 11

karanhv764
Star III
@Anders_ASUS @Titan_ASUS @Asus lab @LP_ASUS @VS-KR Please help me decide folks...

ColorSage
Zen Master I
Slight heating is normal. If you don't face any direct consequences (camera refuses to work due heat or it's too hot to touch) I wouldn't bother.

MisterSavage
Rising Star I
If your phone continues to face that problem, you're choosing to kill your battery faster. Sing this song. As the heat goes up, lifes goes down, all the way to town...

karanhv764
Star III
@MisterSavage I can see the Asus Official writing at some other post that since it is a metal, the heat gets transmitted and we feel it to be more warmer than normal. Even my Honor View 10 used to get hot but I never bothered because they were not having faulty units in market with different issues. I'm ok to live with that but only if this is normal. Is that same with every 6z user that clicking 10-15 pictures with 48MP makes it warm and continuing makes it more hot ? If not, I am going for the replacement. I just ran Antutu test twice, which made it again little warm. Usually phones have their normal temperature as 30 or so but I'll be surprised if someone confirms that 38-42 is normal for this phone.