This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no mic on call

mosimchah
Rising Star I
On the latest android 10 build (WW_17.1810.1910.68) the other side can't hear me on phone calls unless if I use a headset with a seperate mic, the built-in mic in the phone works though in the camera app and the recorder app, this is after a factory data reset and a reboot doesn't fix it, the same issue happens if I use the tmobile digits app instead of the asus dialer app by the way, I don't want to have to carry a headset with me at all times in order to be able to make a phone call
@Anders_ASUS

51 REPLIES 51

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
We hope to include the 3.5mm bug fix in the next FOTA. Don't know if the T-mobile bug will make it into the same same FOTA. Until then you will need to double tap the speaker button. Sorry about that. We're working as fast as we can to fix both issues. And thank you for letting us know.

Zenfone6_Boy
Star III
Anders_ASUS

We hope to include the 3.5mm bug fix in the next FOTA. Don't know if the T-mobile bug will make it into the same same FOTA. Until then you will need to double tap the speaker button. Sorry about that. We're working as fast as we can to fix both issues. And thank you for letting us know.

View post
Thank you so much. Just for completeness if anyone from the future sees this (aka not intended to call/blame ASUS out) - the new WW_17.1810.1910.73 does not resolve the 3.5mm bug.

sedl23
Rising Star II
Having the same microphone issue on T-Mobile after the .73 update. This needs to be fixed

christevensaben
Star II
Same issue, no audio on call with 3.5mm jack, works perfectly before upgrade, please fix asap, thanks.

rakshithvp98
Star I
mosimchah

On the latest android 10 build (WW_17.1810.1910.68) the other side can't hear me on phone calls unless if I use a headset with a seperate mic, the built-in mic in the phone works though in the camera app and the recorder app, this is after a factory data reset and a reboot doesn't fix it, the same issue happens if I use the tmobile digits app instead of the asus dialer app by the way, I don't want to have to carry a headset with me at all times in order to be able to make a phone call

@Anders_ASUS

no mic on call
Not only this, I'm facing an issue where the phone restarts twice after taking a few calls and then works fine until the next day when the double reboot happens. And the microphone stops working during calls and I have to reboot the phone. Please fix this issue with an update, it's quite troublesome. This never used to happen with Android 9, something new keeps resurfacing all the time.