This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no mic on call

mosimchah
Rising Star I
On the latest android 10 build (WW_17.1810.1910.68) the other side can't hear me on phone calls unless if I use a headset with a seperate mic, the built-in mic in the phone works though in the camera app and the recorder app, this is after a factory data reset and a reboot doesn't fix it, the same issue happens if I use the tmobile digits app instead of the asus dialer app by the way, I don't want to have to carry a headset with me at all times in order to be able to make a phone call
@Anders_ASUS

51 REPLIES 51

LP_ASUS
Community Legend I
sedl23

Having the same microphone issue on T-Mobile after the .73 update. This needs to be fixed

View post
Apologies for the late response. Noted, I will feedback this to our devs.
Are other users that are having issues with their voice being heard with a T-Mobile SIM also not seeing improvement on the 1910.73 FW?

skylerwolfe
Zen Master I
LP_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/31194#Comment_31194

Are other users that are having issues with their voice being heard with a T-Mobile SIM also not seeing improvement on the 1910.73 FW?

View post
I still have to toggle speakerphone when receiving a call. After doing that once, it is "fixed", meaning the person on the other end can hear without have to toggle speakerphone. But....
On the second call I RECEIVE, the audio comes out of my lower speaker instead of from the ear speaker (edit - maybe it comes from the ear speaker too, but primarily from the lower speaker). This is "fixed" by toggling the speakerphone again. This has to be repeated for EVERY INCOMING call (it doesn't seem to happen with outgoing calls for some reason) to fix the sound coming from the lower speaker.
T-mobile US
I should note this is with brief quick calls to and from another line at work. This phone is on 10 and has been factory reset.

skylerwolfe
Zen Master I
LP_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/31194#Comment_31194

View post
I'm on tmobile US and yes it still happens (Android 10 most recent firmware, factory reset done).
On first call following a reboot, other caller will not hear audio from me unless I toggle speakerphone. Toggling the phone fixes this, but....
After that whenever RECEIVING a call, the audio from the call comes from the lower speaker primarily and speakerphone has to be toggled on and off to fix this. This has to be done with EVERY INCOMING call. I haven't noticed this issue with outgoing calls.
Most of this I have realized by simply playing and testing. I haven't done it extensively and I don't really make or take that many calls but it is not fixed.

LP_ASUS
Community Legend I
skylerwolfe

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/33526#Comment_33526

I still have to toggle speakerphone when receiving a call. After doing that once, it is "fixed", meaning the person on the other end can hear without have to toggle speakerphone. But....

On the second call I RECEIVE, the audio comes out of my lower speaker instead of from the ear speaker (edit - maybe it comes from the ear speaker too, but primarily from the lower speaker). This is "fixed" by toggling the speakerphone again. This has to be repeated for EVERY INCOMING call (it doesn't seem to happen with outgoing calls for some reason) to fix the sound coming from the lower speaker.

T-mobile US

I should note this is with brief quick calls to and from another line at work. This phone is on 10 and has been factory reset.

View post
Thank you for your help with these bugs. I might have gotten my internal notes wrong, the fix for the muted microphone should be in the NEXT FW update then.
I'll also check and see if Anders has logged the speaker bug you mentioned, this is the first I've heard of it.

skylerwolfe
Zen Master I
I think this was fixed with the December 20 firmware update. I tried both an outgoing and incoming call and did not have to toggle speakerphone to get it to work. Quick tests. Someone else speak up if I'm wrong.
Though the first time I called my cell (with nearly full signal) from my work phone it went straight to voicemail (T-mobile), so that still seems to be a potential issue.