This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Minimum Brightness Too High to use in dark.

shiv1g
Rising Star I
The minimum brightness is just too bright for using this smartphone in dark environment. Every night i have to use a screen filter app ( Darker-screen filter ) to minic the 0 brightness functionality.
It would be great if the brightness could be lowered a little bit more on this already osm smartphone. @Anders_ASUS
Thank you.
23 REPLIES 23

Monark
Zen Master I
Mayendra

probably can't because cheap lcd

View post
Do you really think the lcd is cheap??

shiv1g
Rising Star I
Monark

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/52397#Comment_52397

Do you really think the lcd is cheap??

View post
I don't feel the same.
baster1982

Can't see the problem maybe you have owl eyes 👀

View post
🦉 Hello darkness, my old friend 🦉

ColorSage
Zen Master I
IMO the LCD's quality is good but not excellent. Also you can't lower brightness level below minimum due to display's design, not software. I don't complain though as my previous Samsung Galaxy S4 and S6's amoleds had a slight burn-in

_jis_
Zen Master III
@shiv1g
Do you have enabled adaptive brightness? If not, try it.
If it doesn't help check your phone against another ZF6 whether this is not a hardware problem.
For me is minimum brightness on mine ZF6 perfectly ok, so I have no need to install any screen filter apps as on my previous LG phones with OLED & LCD displays.

mosimchah
Rising Star I
The minimum screen brightness is controlled here
core/res/res/values/config.xml - platform/frameworks/base - Git at Google 10
The default in android is 10 which is pretty high, maybe Asus could lower it to 2, I'd recommend lowering it to 1 (which is the absolute minimum) but I doubt an oem would do that since it could potentially cause screen flickering although I've never seen that happen on my old leeco le pro 3 which has a cheap LCD