This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Minimum Brightness Too High to use in dark.

shiv1g
Rising Star I
The minimum brightness is just too bright for using this smartphone in dark environment. Every night i have to use a screen filter app ( Darker-screen filter ) to minic the 0 brightness functionality.
It would be great if the brightness could be lowered a little bit more on this already osm smartphone. @Anders_ASUS
Thank you.
23 REPLIES 23

skylerwolfe
Zen Master I
I use the app "screen dimmer" which allows a quick tile to easily toggle. Too bright for me at night too but I think it's personal preference.

shiv1g
Rising Star I
_jis_

@shiv1g

Do you have enabled adaptive brightness? If not, try it.

If it doesn't help check your phone against another ZF6 whether this is not a hardware problem.

For me is minimum brightness on mine ZF6 perfectly ok, so I have no need to install any screen filter apps as on my previous LG phones with OLED & LCD displays.

View post
At night, i turn down the brightness slider all the way to 0, however, even then the screen feels a bit brighter than others phones. Just now i compared my phone side to side with my friend's iPhone 8 plus. The 0 brightness on the iphone is much more enjoyable and easy on eyes. I would say that the 0 brightness on the iphone is about 50 to 70% more dim than the 6Z.

johnCforVTS
Rising Star I
There is the night light feature too! That might help you... Give it a try
QY0LRXYTBHIX.jpg

shiv1g
Rising Star I
johnCforVTS

There is the night light feature too! That might help you... Give it a try

QY0LRXYTBHIX.jpg

View post
I'm already using it.
This functionality helps to change the colour temperature of the screen from cold to warm. Unfortunately this feature doesn't aid in lowering the backlight intensity of the 6Z LCD screen.
061C9G1V75IT.jpg

_jis_
Zen Master III
shiv1g

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/69269#Comment_69269

At night, i turn down the brightness slider all the way to 0, however, even then the screen feels a bit brighter than others phones. Just now i compared my phone side to side with my friend's iPhone 8 plus. The 0 brightness on the iphone is much more enjoyable and easy on eyes. I would say that the 0 brightness on the iphone is about 50 to 70% more dim than the 6Z.

View post
Do you have enabled adaptive brightness?