This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How are Asus getting away with such woeful customer care?

alistairmidgley
Star III
There are numerous threads in here and countless others on the wider internet about the ropey motherboards on these phones. Asus' response seems to be to shrug and pretend it's not happening or, at least, that's it's not as big an issue as it clearly is.
I am on my 2nd Zenfone 6 and they've both been struck with this issue. What are the chances of this happening if there's no large underlying issue with these phones?
I've been back to the seller, it took them 2 months but they replaced my original handset and now, unsurprisingly, when I've told them this one is knacked as well, they don't want to know. I've been to Asus and my repair claim was rejected. I feel my only recourse at the moment is to either put in a claim with Paypal and hope they will refund me or to beg for spare parts on these forums like other victims of Asus.
I'm not too sure whether it's Asus as a whole or just the phone wing of the company that act like cowboys but I'm certainly not in a hurry to ever buy one of their products again.
9 REPLIES 9

Monark
Zen Master I
I also have the same doubt asus is no.1 in laptop and making motherboards for PC's but I can't digest even now how this phone suffered cause i am also one who got affected. many of my friend's use ROG laptops which are beast's. I think some batches of units got this problem. As a fan of asus still i don't say i not gonna buy asus phones but as they are developing with this phone as their success let's hope future phones will be good. Don't lose hope?

alistairmidgley
Star III
It's understandable and forgivable that companies release faulty batches of products sometimes but it's totally unacceptable to just pretend it's not happening and leave customers out of pocket.
I've bought Asus products in the past and they're well respected but it seems that buying their goods is a gamble. If you end up choosing a janky, under tested piece of crap, they won't hold their hands up and say, 'sorry, let us sort it out for you', they'll just ignore thousands of people and hope they go away.

GamerArc
Rising Star II
It's time for you guys to use your legal remedies... I for one don't have any issue with my handset but I am going to stay away from Asus in the future....

Idaho
Star III
Which country do you live in, and who is the seller if I may ask?