This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feature request: Mobile Manager - Battery Care charge limiter

sigurdoines
Star I
I've noticed that the Battery Care module in Mobile Manager works as a sort of "battery limiter". It will let the phone charge normally up to about 80%, then wait until the end time gets near before continuing to charge. My feature request is a general charge limiter not connected to any schedule. The user would then be able to tell the phone to never charge past XX% when the phone is plugged in, regardless of when. Similarly to the already existing feature (see screenshot), there could be a notification to disable it for the current charging session.
Screenshot_20191119-002352487.png
With a battery as big as the one in the 6, many users have no need to always charge to 100%, and increase the battery lifespan at the same time. This feature could also enable the phone to be used while plugged in for long browsing/gaming/video sessions, you could have the phone plugged in while the battery SoC staying at 75%, not using charging cycles and not keeping the battery pinned at 100% (which is also damaging for the battery)

I love my Zenfone 6, and I believe that this feature could make it even better, and allow the battery to stay great for as long as possible.
3 REPLIES 3

ColorSage
Zen Master I
Yeah, I suggested it twice already and all I got was a quarrel about infamous "micro-charging". I find it more practical than just a scheduler but I don't believe this feature will be implemented anymore.

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
We have all your suggestions in nicely organized list of requested features. This is what I consider a good suggestion but there are a lot of factors that decides if it will become a reality or not. Let's cross our fingers and hope it makes it.

evnchn
Rising Star II
Anders_ASUS

We have all your suggestions in nicely organized list of requested features. This is what I consider a good suggestion but there are a lot of factors that decides if it will become a reality or not. Let's cross our fingers and hope it makes it.

View post
Thx. Again, if the devs say they won't do it, before checking the item off the list, maybe allow access to sysfs /sys/class/power_supply/battery/enable_battery_charging entry so that we can code it ourselves. I wrote the directory here so much I memorized it ?