This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dead phone after update from .73 to .110

M_K
Star II
Updated from "WW-17.1810.1910.73" to "WW-17.1810.1911.110", with ASUS website's file.
First reboot after installation: everything smooth and doing ok
Tried to turn off the phone via the power menu: phone is now dead

The display doesn't turn on.
Pressing [VOL DOWN] + [POWER] makes the phone vibrate, but nothing else happens.
Getting a green led when charging, sometimes turns orange or red, sometimes turns off when the buttons are pressed.

Any ideas on how to fix this???
I have already contacted ASUS support and currently waiting for a reply.

What a terrible situation for this time of the year...
Maybe you guys should avoid trying to reboot or turn off your phone with the current version, just saying.

10 REPLIES 10

vlasta_vasicek
Rising Star I
*Special notice: This upgrade patch only allows to upgrade from Android P 16.1220.1909.194 version to Android Q. The other firmware version can't use this patch file to upgrade.

M_K
Star II
Well, I guess that's what I get for not paying attention...

_jis_
Zen Master III
vlasta.vasicek

*Special notice: This upgrade patch only allows to upgrade from Android P 16.1220.1909.194 version to Android Q. The other firmware version can't use this patch file to upgrade.

View post
Please, why do you confuse users?
It says that for someone who still has Android P / 9, they must have at least the version 194 to use update 110. He already had Android Q / 10, so he could use this update 110 without a problem.
That wasn't going well, that's another reason, probably the infamous motherboard bug.

LP_ASUS
Community Legend I
M.K

Updated from "WW-17.1810.1910.73" to "WW-17.1810.1911.110", with ASUS website's file.

First reboot after installation: everything smooth and doing ok

Tried to turn off the phone via the power menu: phone is now dead

The display doesn't turn on.

Pressing [VOL DOWN] + [POWER] makes the phone vibrate, but nothing else happens.

Getting a green led when charging, sometimes turns orange or red, sometimes turns off when the buttons are pressed.

Any ideas on how to fix this???

I have already contacted ASUS support and currently waiting for a reply.

What a terrible situation for this time of the year...

Maybe you guys should avoid trying to reboot or turn off your phone with the current version, just saying.

Dead phone after update from .73 to .110
Sending the phone to a service center is really your only option if you cannot get the phone to boot.
When you get it back from an RMA please either update this thread or PM me what the root cause was. This is the first time I have heard of a successful firmware update and then a non-functional phone after the first reboot. I'm very curious what the repair center says.