This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera not working, the flip is working great though!

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Asus 6z
Firmware Version: WW_17.1810.2009.176
Rooted or not: Not Rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: Often
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Camera App; Version: 6.4.0.0_200724
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
So I have had my phone for a year and a half now, I have had no issues with the camera flip or anything, and still don't. Lately the camera it self has been acting weird. The flip works fine when I tap the selfie button, but the screen goes blank and restarts at times or I seem some lines on the screen. There are occasions when image shows up but it is either inverted or has weird coloring. The wide angle camera works just fine though, I'm facing this only with the main camera. Is there I can do? Please advice. Thanks in advance.

PS: I did try taking screenshots and screen recording, but the phone freezes and none of that is happening.
7 REPLIES 7

cornelis
Star III
Would appreciate a response..

akr1602
Star I
I had the exact same problem after around an year. The camera started acting up (weird lines/green images). I factory reset the phone and after that camera app just freezes (no image at all). Multiple factory resets did not solve the issue of frozen camera app.
Took it to a service center nearby (Bangalore). Luckily I had just about 1 week of warranty left. After about a week, they called back to say phone is ready. Problem resolution: "Motherboard replaced".
Now camera seems to work. But most times it out of focus. There is message on screen "Move farther to improve focus". Never faced such issues before. And i have issues with cell reception now. Looks like for camera issue they replaced it with a faulty/old motherboard.
So much for ASUS product and service quality!

cornelis
Star III
That sucks dude 😞