This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls not received. Texts delayed.

justinleon2113
Star III
Hello. Just upgraded to the ZenFone 6 (Edition 30) over the new year and notice that many calls from family and friends are going straight to voicemail. I tested this with a friend in the room, and out of 5 attempts, only 3 made the phone ring. Many important calls for business do not ring at all. I am using Ultra Mobile (T-Mobile MVNO) and have done the usual run-around (reset phone, empty cache, check all settings for fowarding, DND, and such). Even on a fresh install, it is experiencing the same phenomenon. I tried a different phone and it seemed to consistently work...I'll keep testing.
I wanted to see if anyone else had issues with not getting calls or texts (irrespective of carrier) or if it could be just carrier issues for me. I have great coverage in my area, thus it is not like I am roaming or disconnected. Thank you for the help.
159 REPLIES 159

hewer
Star II
dt808

i've been using my old lg for a few days now with the sim i had in my zenfone 6 and have not missed a call or text message (missed or delayed). and this is on a $300 phone running android 8 lol! needless to say my zenfone 6 is wiped, boxed, and marketed for sale. i already have a brand new samsung phone on order so it's goodbye from me to asus. i really wanted to keep the zenfone 6 but so frustrated as to why it's basic functions can't be made to work reliably. there are lots of complaints on this board and elsewhere and i see explanations from asus people but honestly, asking for logs to check what's going on is not really acceptable to me when the issue is so widespread.

it's been kinda fun but now it's time to move on to a more established company. i gave asus a chance and they left a bad taste in my mouth so i probably won't be considering them anytime soon and definitely will not recommend them to others. good luck to those willing to stick around. i honestly hope things are fixed for you folks.

😊

View post
To add to that, Asus is a multi-billion dollar company and why their team is still trying to get users to log this widespread issue is beyond me. They need to put some of that money to good use. It's been 6 months since the issue was posted here and it's still not resolved. Receiving calls and texts is a basic feature of a phone, if it can't even do that, then its pretty much an expensive iPod Touch.

Mayendra
Rising Star II
dt808

i've been using my old lg for a few days now with the sim i had in my zenfone 6 and have not missed a call or text message (missed or delayed). and this is on a $300 phone running android 8 lol! needless to say my zenfone 6 is wiped, boxed, and marketed for sale. i already have a brand new samsung phone on order so it's goodbye from me to asus. i really wanted to keep the zenfone 6 but so frustrated as to why it's basic functions can't be made to work reliably. there are lots of complaints on this board and elsewhere and i see explanations from asus people but honestly, asking for logs to check what's going on is not really acceptable to me when the issue is so widespread.

it's been kinda fun but now it's time to move on to a more established company. i gave asus a chance and they left a bad taste in my mouth so i probably won't be considering them anytime soon and definitely will not recommend them to others. good luck to those willing to stick around. i honestly hope things are fixed for you folks.

😊

View post
s20 series? great choice

dt808
Rising Star I
Mayendra

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/91241#Comment_91241

s20 series? great choice

View post
LOL i wish i could afford an s20 but unfortunately i made the mistake of buying an asus phone so now i'm on a tight budget. thankfully samsung does have some good quality, reliable phones that i know will work.
😊

dt808
Rising Star I
using my new non asus phone now and u guys won't believe how good it feels knowing u don't have to worry about missing important calls and texts anymore! i don't believe how much stress it actually was knowing i may have missed something important with my asus. now that i have a reliable phone it's one less thing to worry about lol.

jeff_carlile
Star I
I am wondering about the possibility that T-Mobile has incorrectly logged the capability of some models which affects how the network interacts with those phones. I reported on this thread 12 June that T-Mobile claimed my 5z is a 2G phone incompatible with their system and couldn't do anything to help me with respect to dropped calls, missed calls, and delayed texts.

@LP_ASUS I would appreciate someone summarizing the possible workarounds and where we are on resolving these issues (like secret codes that someone says has been helpful but I couldn't find).