This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't make/receive calls but texts and mobile data works and with full bar of signal

Jimwel
Star II
  1. Model Name: Zenfone 9
  2. Firmware Version: Android 13 WW_33.0804.2060.142
  3. Rooted or not: Not rooted
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: Everytime since it started happening

For some reason, my phone suddenly can't make or receive calls. It worked fine for the last 7 months since I bought my phone (late Oct. 2022) but suddenly had this problem lately which started happening around the previous 2 weeks. The weird thing is that I actually have a full bar of signal and I can send/receive text messages just fine and use my mobile data on one of my sims (I use a dual sim and I use one of the sims exclusively for mobile data. However, I'm assuming mobile data works for the other sim as well). I'm from the Philippines so the service providers I use for my dual sim are Globe Prepaid and GOMO (for mobile data).
I've already tested the sims on another working phone, and calls work perfectly so It can't be the sim, but rather the phone itself. I already tried factory resetting the phone and even tried to make calls while volte+wifi call are on/off, to no avail. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

dilla-
Star II

I had the same problem. Got fixed today by making sure 2G is allowed. Just search for "allow 2G" in settings and enable it.

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20

Mansi_ASUS

Hey @Jimwel,
Can you please share a log file?
Please follow the below steps to enable the built-in log tool (Bug reporter).
1.  Open “Calculator APP”
2.  Enter “.19595+=”
3.  Select the Log type according to the type of issue you want to capture. “Phone, mobile networks, and signal”
4.  After your selection the log tool will exit so you can duplicate the issue or wait for it to happen. Try to use the screen recorder to show your issue when possible. If you can't screen record your issue, then please take a screenshot right after the issue has occurred (as a timestamp) so we know where to look in the log.
5.  Navigate back to the log tool via calculator and Tap "FINISH AND SHARE".
6. It takes several minutes for the log to generate. You can exit and do other stuff in the meantime. A silent notification will tell you once the process is done. Tap the notification and then the share button to upload the file to Google Drive and share the link with a moderator. Just make sure to change the permission first so that everyone with the link has permission to view it.
Note: When you're no longer planning on logging your device, enter “.09595+=” in the calculator and the log tool will stop as well as deleting all stored log files. Make sure to share via calculator. The files found in internal storage -> asus_log are not the correct files (they are only 1.2kb)

Hello @Mansi_ASUS. Thanks for the reply. I'm not sure If I'm supposed to reply the link for the log file here so I sent you a private message instead. 

Hello, is this resolved? I'm having the same issue. Hoping to know the solution to this.

Unfortunately, no. My last interaction here was a PM I sent to the mod for the log file they requested and they said they'll forward to this to R&D and update me in the future. Not sure how long that will be though but I'm not optimistic that they can fix it at all.

Tbh I don't have much faith in zenfones anymore after this, seeing as this is the second major issue I encountered with a Zenfone. My zenfone 8 last year died catastrophically for no reason whatsoever, with the godlike timing of it happening just a few weeks after warranty expired. And now this caller issue in Zenfone 9 (a vital functionality of any phone/communication device btw). like imagine being fked in an emergency situation bc you cant use  your phone to call. very nice.