This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Boot loop after android 11 update please help

ADILBT
Star III
After the update to android 11 my 6z is having Boot loop issue I don't know how to solve this
It keeps on jumping from powerd by Android screen to asus logo and just keeps on doing it please help
I Factory reset the phone but the problem still.
10 REPLIES 10

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
ADILBT

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/169897#Comment_169897

I told my self the same thing when i read people's problems, until it happened to me too ..

View post
Don't know what happened but it should be fine for you to upgrade to A11 again. Whatever issue your phone had which caused a bad update is not gone. Downgrading to A10 rewrites all files while an upgrade to A11 only updates the necessary files. So the "damaged" files which caused this issue, are now replaced.

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
AXIS

I updated to A11 on Wednesday phone hasn't started since then.

View post
Try long-pressing power + volume down for 10s and do that 10 times if it doesn't start right away. You may need to plug in your power if your phone has run out of battery

S4t
Star III
I believe there's something wrong with the latest Android 11 update (WW-18.0610.2104.145).
I never had the boot loop issue, but since upgrading to this version, my Zenfone 6 (128GB/6GB/UK) already got stuck in a loop after rebooting 3 times. It starts, shows the ASUS logo and then reboots. Even worse: most times it boots well, but sometimes it loops.
The fix I found was to keep the phone charging and let it boot loop. Eventually - it can be 5 or 20 minutes - it seems to change to a different partition and boots normally.
And it seems I'm not alone. You have this post, but there's also 3 posts on the reddit sub made in the past week or so. For example, this one says that the "Update failed, reverting to old system". On this post, a different user reports bootloops after the latest update and mentions that it also starts after ~15 minutes. Another user reports the same problem after a reboot. To make things worse, we can't downgrade to the previous update without a factory reset.
In my case, I am unlocked and rooted, so maybe I'm not the best example, but these reports are from users that don't do this.
@Anders_ASUS @fussion_ASUS @Titan_ASUS Please pass this along to the correct team. Thanks in advance!

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
S4t

I believe there's something wrong with the latest Android 11 update (WW-18.0610.2104.145).

I never had the boot loop issue, but since upgrading to this version, my Zenfone 6 (128GB/6GB/UK) already got stuck in a loop after rebooting 3 times. It starts, shows the ASUS logo and then reboots. Even worse: most times it boots well, but sometimes it loops.

The fix I found was to keep the phone charging and let it boot loop. Eventually - it can be 5 or 20 minutes - it seems to change to a different partition and boots normally.

And it seems I'm not alone. You have this post, but there's also 3 posts on the reddit sub made in the past week or so. For example, this one says that the "Update failed, reverting to old system". On this post, a different user reports bootloops after the latest update and mentions that it also starts after ~15 minutes. Another user reports the same problem after a reboot. To make things worse, we can't downgrade to the previous update without a factory reset.

In my case, I am unlocked and rooted, so maybe I'm not the best example, but these reports are from users that don't do this.

@Anders_ASUS @fussion_ASUS @Titan_ASUS Please pass this along to the correct team. Thanks in advance!

View post
I've created a case. Thanks!

ADILBT
Star III
Thanks for clarification, i think the software team idk but they seem they have a lot of backlog from the new phones z7 & z8 because the phone department is small compared to big phone companies that's why we suffer from these problems we never had a stable version of Android 11.
The company should consider the software problems as high priority and make a serious effort to develop the software team