cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 10 update restart problem

okurorhan
Star III
Dear All,

Just received an update for Zenfone 6 ZS630KL through FOTA and unfortunately I have updated it. After update phone restarted a few minutes without success to open.
After a lot trial, recovery screen opened and I made a factory reset and lost all data. Anyhow after factory reset phone opened and set up all applications. But IF I switch off the phone, again and again I face off restart problem. IF I see recovery screen , phone can start after factory reset again.

Anyone can help and say what should I do. there is no Asus CENTER which supports this model in my country.

Software version : WW_17.1810.1910.73
32 REPLIES 32

LP_ASUS
Community Legend I
okurorhan

How I can downgrade it to stable version. Anybody can say and support?

View post
Sorry, I missed this post somehow. It's good to know that Android 9 is working for you, but eventually the software will be force updated to your phone for security. When you are forced to upgrade to Android 10, please let us know if the restart problems resurfaces.

cobben
Rising Star I
LP_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/31765#Comment_31765

Sorry, I missed this post somehow. It's good to know that Android 9 is working for you, but eventually the software will be force updated to your phone for security. When you are forced to upgrade to Android 10, please let us know if the restart problems resurfaces.

View post

??
"eventually the software will be force updated to your phone for security"
How/when does this kick in?
Like M$ does with Win10.
Unacceptable.
You mean the customer will have to unlock the bootloader and move to a AOSP ROM if Asus android 10 ROM is not usable, for whatever reason.

okurorhan
Star III
Actually it forces to upgrade same version. I do think that if I upgrade I will live same problem again because upgrade file and version is same. I may wait for next version .
In this version, what I have seen is ; each time I should factory reset the phone and set up all applications again in order to use the phone. Seems there is incompatibility with this version and phones some programs which is causing the phone to restart. If Asus announces new version I may try after a full back up of the phone.
7VVZY3VNT6R1.jpg

okurorhan
Star III
Today I realized that restart problem is because of language settings of the device. If I set phone.language English, it is working. If I set up it to Turkish again I have to factory reset. So nice during factory reset it starts with default language there is no restart problem. I think. All users worldwide who are living this problem is because of a bug in language files. Hope Asus may take care of it.
Since there is no sale of Zenfone 6 in my country there is low probability that they may take care of it

LP_ASUS
Community Legend I
cobben

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/32546#Comment_32546

??

"eventually the software will be force updated to your phone for security"

How/when does this kick in?

Like M$ does with Win10.

Unacceptable.

You mean the customer will have to unlock the bootloader and move to a AOSP ROM if Asus android 10 ROM is not usable, for whatever reason.

View post
You're allowed to postpone the update three times, and then Google will install it for you. This is standard across all Android ROMs.
Having to move to another ROM is extreme. Android 10 for ZF6 has some bugs, but to call it unusable is not correct. The OS is stable now and will be improved with every update.
All of the features and services on Android 9 will be present on Android 10. Are you concerned about losing compatibility with some legacy apps?