cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 10 update restart problem

okurorhan
Star III
Dear All,

Just received an update for Zenfone 6 ZS630KL through FOTA and unfortunately I have updated it. After update phone restarted a few minutes without success to open.
After a lot trial, recovery screen opened and I made a factory reset and lost all data. Anyhow after factory reset phone opened and set up all applications. But IF I switch off the phone, again and again I face off restart problem. IF I see recovery screen , phone can start after factory reset again.

Anyone can help and say what should I do. there is no Asus CENTER which supports this model in my country.

Software version : WW_17.1810.1910.73
32 REPLIES 32

LP_ASUS
Community Legend I
okurorhan

Today I realized that restart problem is because of language settings of the device. If I set phone.language English, it is working. If I set up it to Turkish again I have to factory reset. So nice during factory reset it starts with default language there is no restart problem. I think. All users worldwide who are living this problem is because of a bug in language files. Hope Asus may take care of it.

Since there is no sale of Zenfone 6 in my country there is low probability that they may take care of it

View post
Noted. I'll see if we can do anything to help you with this. Would you prefer to have the phone set to Turkish?

cobben
Rising Star I
LP_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/32572#Comment_32572

You're allowed to postpone the update three times, and then Google will install it for you. This is standard across all Android ROMs.

Having to move to another ROM is extreme. Android 10 for ZF6 has some bugs, but to call it unusable is not correct. The OS is stable now and will be improved with every update.

All of the features and services on Android 9 will be present on Android 10. Are you concerned about losing compatibility with some legacy apps?

View post

Then what is the point of having a special fw to revert to Android 9, if the phone will be force-updated again soon anyway?
I have never had this problem, i.e. with forced updates, but then I have been using Xiaomi phones with the Xiaomi.eu ROMs, which are debloated both from Xiaomi's and Google's unnecessary stuff.
I am quite happy with my Z6 on android 9, and am not in any hurry with 10, because of no perceived advantages and the various potential bugs, especially Gcam compatibility.
Clearing data for the FOTAService app, and then blocking it's internet access with Netguard apparently solves the problem.

okurorhan
Star III
LP_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/32827#Comment_32827

Noted. I'll see if we can do anything to help you with this. Would you prefer to have the phone set to Turkish?

View post
Yes I do but if i switch of the phone when it is set up in Turkish I know very well that I had to factory reset it till new version software comes subject to problem in softwares is sorted out.

CH_ASUS
Community Legend II
Sorry for a late comment here.

So basically, if the device is set-up with Turkish, on Android 10 (after a factory reset) you will face restarts.
If you set it up in English, it's fine.

We'll backtrack with devs on this particular issue.

okurorhan
Star III
Yes right, thank you