cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Addressing low light camera performance

kinguntas23
Rising Star II
Hey there, mods.
So far the speed of updates has been brilliant and the features being introduced are great. Hope for the same in the long term.
Anyways, as you all may have been told that the low light camera performance (without super night mode) has been pretty off-putting. The super night mode is great but sometimes there's moving subjects to capture and also the camera doesn't perform very well in the evening Post hours indoors, in artificial light, despite the lighting being intense enough (standard well lit indoors). I wanted to know is this is being worked on, and how long till we see some improvements.

Regards
Guntas
3 REPLIES 3

LP_ASUS
Community Legend I
Thank you for the kind words! The motion tracking in low light issue you're referring to is being worked on. I can't give you a date, but we hope to see software optimizations at a later date.

kinguntas23
Rising Star II
LP_ASUS said:
Thank you for the kind words! The motion tracking in low light issue you're referring to is being worked on. I can't give you a date, but we hope to see software optimizations at a later date.
Hey there. 
I wasn't really talking about motion tracking. I was just saying that the super night mode requires still subjects (It blurs moving subjects due to long shutter time). I was referring to simple 12MP and 48MP modes requiring improvements in low light. Any updates on that?
Thanks anyway ?

LP_ASUS
Community Legend I
Ah, I must have fixated on the phrase "moving subjects". Night mode itself is also going to see some tweaks, so between the two fixes we should see well rounded improvements to low light photography.