This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZenFone 5 2018 stuck in fastboot mode (trying to enter EDL mode)

isaacbala2004
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ZenFone 5 ZE620KL
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not: Rooting
Frequency of Occurrence: On boot
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Recently I tried rooting and flashing TWRP onto my device and have come across an issue in which my phone no longer boots into recovery or the OS and is constantly booting into recovery. Flashing the stock recovery.img and boot.img doesn't work and I have tried getting the phone into EDL mode without success. Getting into EDL is the only way that might work but I've tried to connect the shorting pins at the back and nothing happens.
16032775921387218371983475678506.jpg

2 REPLIES 2

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi isaacbala2004
Thank you for your asking. Because you have tried rooted and flashed TWRP, the device will not be deemed the Original Product. Personally, I suggest you to check weather you can access recovery mode for the Factory Reset. If the issue persists, kindly check some power users' websites for further assistance.

TheseMood
Rising Star II
isaacbala2004

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: ZenFone 5 ZE620KL
  2. Firmware Version:
  3. Rooted or not: Rooting
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: On boot
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

Recently I tried rooting and flashing TWRP onto my device and have come across an issue in which my phone no longer boots into recovery or the OS and is constantly booting into recovery. Flashing the stock recovery.img and boot.img doesn't work and I have tried getting the phone into EDL mode without success. Getting into EDL is the only way that might work but I've tried to connect the shorting pins at the back and nothing happens.

16032775921387218371983475678506.jpg

ZenFone 5 2018 stuck in fastboot mode (trying to enter EDL mode)
Hello,

This problem is a common problem and no program can fix it. The only solution is to upload new roms from twrp to the phone by performing data format and advanced cleaning. Install Twrp, I also occurred, this problem can be installed. But if you still can't do it, you can use rom download programs on the computer.