NaitikK
Rising Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ZenFone 5z
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Well, it's now 7+ weeks and I still don't have my 5z.
2 days ago, 2 spares (mo-bo and battery) were delivered to the svc that took 3 weeks! Today, svc told that the device was working properly just by changing the battery; mo-bo wasn't needed. However, some standard ASUS tests were yet to be done. The person on call spoke very clumsily. i am scared that the device is only partly/temporarily repaired as i hardly trust these 3rd party service providers. But that's just speculation.
I also noted that there was some quotation remark on repair status. Please note that i won't pay a dime simply because the device was in an unusable state (have proof) when i collected it on 4th Aug from the svc. Pathetic svc BTW! That was the reason i had to submit my handset on 11th Aug for re-repair.
I read some posts where users praised Christine. Therefore, I particularly request @Christine_ASUS to help if possible.
8 REPLIES 8

NaitikK
Rising Star I
NaitikK

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: ZenFone 5z
  2. Firmware Version:
  3. Rooted or not: No
  4. Frequency of Occurrence:
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

Well, it's now 7+ weeks and I still don't have my 5z.

2 days ago, 2 spares (mo-bo and battery) were delivered to the svc that took 3 weeks! Today, svc told that the device was working properly just by changing the battery; mo-bo wasn't needed. However, some standard ASUS tests were yet to be done. The person on call spoke very clumsily. i am scared that the device is only partly/temporarily repaired as i hardly trust these 3rd party service providers. But that's just speculation.

I also noted that there was some quotation remark on repair status. Please note that i won't pay a dime simply because the device was in an unusable state (have proof) when i collected it on 4th Aug from the svc. Pathetic svc BTW! That was the reason i had to submit my handset on 11th Aug for re-repair.

I read some posts where users praised Christine. Therefore, I particularly request @Christine_ASUS to help if possible.

Ongoing Repair Update and A Request
I have been asked to pay INR 821. Please help me sort this out...
@ARP_ASUS @Falcon_ASUS @Christine_ASUS @Gustav_ASUS @fussion_ASUS

NaitikK
Rising Star I

NaitikK
Rising Star I
NaitikK

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/184883#Comment_184883

It's been sorted!

View post
Update: I received my device today! Finally, my device is devoid of all problems it used to face. The svc replaced my battery FOC after I requested an ASUS representative. Thanks for that!
However, I noticed that the phone is heating up when charged. For example, current temperature = 44 deg. C. I don't think this is normal. Is this gonna be a problem in the long term?
@ARP_ASUS @Falcon_ASUS @Christine_ASUS @Gustav_ASUS @fussion_ASUS

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
NaitikK

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/184954#Comment_184954

Update: I received my device today! Finally, my device is devoid of all problems it used to face. The svc replaced my battery FOC after I requested an ASUS representative. Thanks for that!

However, I noticed that the phone is heating up when charged. For example, current temperature = 44 deg. C. I don't think this is normal. Is this gonna be a problem in the long term?

@ARP_ASUS @Falcon_ASUS @Christine_ASUS @Gustav_ASUS @fussion_ASUS

View post
If your battery is replaced than obviously it is a new healthy battery and gonna heat a bit while it is on charge so please be worry free and this is normal.
I am glad that your issue is solved finally while i am still struggling with my service after 15 days of repair cycle service centre still holds my device and they are no able to find out the real cause i dont know if anyone on forum is noticing my issues this is seriously pathetic service and as a customer i am helpless and i know how am i managing my all work without my device in hand 😞
Mathews sir (the co-ordinater from ASUS Service headquarters) is not receiving my calls since i have left my device to service centre and service centre is waiting for Mathews sir to respond on there emails and or call them since 5 days. I dont know where is really busy with apart from his work profile..... But here i am really concerned that why customer has to suffer between this careless work of Asus employs? This is serious they are playing with customer emotions....!!!
Why always Customer have to come forward to push service team and service centre at a time to get there issue resolved as if its customers personal issues... What is the use of service centres if customer is doing all work for them????...... I am also surpsied what is service centre really doing with my device??
How many days more to go?? Shall i wait this month or more than that to get my device fixed???
@ARP_ASUS @Titan_ASUS @Christine_ASUS @Kris_ASUS @Laura_ASUS @Karen_ASUS @Gustav_ASUS @fussion_ASUS @Irene2_ASUS @CH_ASUS @Falcon_ASUS
Even after so many tags not a single mod is ready to follow up my issue someone please look into this and Help me please i need my device fixed ASAP its really a long wait 😞