cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Minimum brightness too high

aeco
Star II
Hello dev's,
Greeting folks! First of all thanks for Q update. It has better battery backup than pie.
I am. Observing 2 issues (Asus 5z)
1. The minimum brightness of 5z is too high (it is so in ores, pie and now Q). Is it panel's limitation or software's? Plz find a solution.
2. The gesture navigation - quite a few times, while swiping from the edge in chrome the phone gets hanged for 5-10 seconds.
Please resolve these in the next update! Tx
& Plz all take care of yourself & your family in this epidemic of COVID-19.
19 REPLIES 19

adityapruthi200
Rising Star II
Basically, I also found this as an issue but I believed it was the general OS design and all phones would have it. Well, I am glad I am not the only one experiencing this issue. Take a look at this post. It is happening because of this issue only.
adityapruthi2001

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: ZENFONE 5Z
  2. Firmware Version: WW-100.10.107.70
  3. Rooted or not: NOT ROOTED
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: 9/10 TIMES
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): SYSTEM UI

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

This issue is happening since the first android 10 roll out.i assumed it would get solved but no luck! I have mentioned this issue in my previous post but due to the removal of old zentalk app I no longer have access to those posts.

I'M experiencing this Strange type of issue Actually the problem is when i am on a call and talking with my earphones plugged in ,and when I lock my device (by double tapping, there is a strange screen lightup during that time. As if the screen has some partial brightness.it annoys and i think since the zenfone 5Z doesn't has a oled display it will be very much battery consuming.

Look at the screen shots attached.

This image is when I'm on a call.

1O5AEOOTA61H.jpg

This image is when the call has been disconnected (normally locked,completely blacked out.)

6JMIH1YISDJG.jpg

Ps. I have aley tried the following :

Cleared cache.

Removing earphones (talking on speaker).

Tried in safe mode.

Reset my settings.

Factory reset.

Downgrade to pie and then upgrade to android 10 (problem is/was not there in pie)

Can someone from the members or the moderators confirm and reply the same. It is a serious bug which needs to be rectified.

Pls asus look into this issue. 🙏🏻🤞🏻

Regards

Peace.

STRANGE SCREEN LIGHTUP DURING ONGOING CALL

adityapruthi200
Rising Star II
aeco

Hello dev's,

Greeting folks! First of all thanks for Q update. It has better battery backup than pie.

I am. Observing 2 issues (Asus 5z)

1. The minimum brightness of 5z is too high (it is so in ores, pie and now Q). Is it panel's limitation or software's? Plz find a solution.

2. The gesture navigation - quite a few times, while swiping from the edge in chrome the phone gets hanged for 5-10 seconds.

Please resolve these in the next update! Tx

& Plz all take care of yourself & your family in this epidemic of COVID-19.

Minimum brightness too high
Exactly same happening with me post android 10 update the screen looks like it has just got dimmed.

Chintan_Devgani
Rising Star I
Yes. The brightness seems a little high for the lowest brightness. I have to use 3rd party app to dim the brightness at night.

adityapruthi200
Rising Star II
Take a look at this post. This issue is due to this unoptimized screen brightness only.
https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/26074/strange-screen-lightup-during-ongoing-call#