Did you mean: 

Bug report Zenfone 5 Android 9

Model: ZE620KL
RAM: 4G
Firmware/APP Version: Android 9.0
Frequency of Occurrence: No idea
Rooted: No
APP Name:

Last edited by LostSonOfAragorn on 2019/1/24 21:18 Bugs that I found on Android 9 (I updated the phone via Fota) 24 JANUARY UPDATE : With the last firmware update (21 Jan) listed issues seems fine.Except the Pixel type navigation , clock and cropped app name (ss of the topic) I classify them as fixed or not fixed so you can look at it. :) -Cannot see the nearby Wi-Fi names and Bluetooth devices' names (Quick Settings Screen) (FIXED) -Pixel type nav-bar is not working properly (if you pull it fast animations seem laggy) (NOT FIXED) -Unusual usage of Google Play Services (My usage is same as oreo so it shouldn't happen)(FIXED) -Auto brightness is not well adjusted (It is not working good for example if it detects your shadow as low light condition even there is enough light.(FIXED) -Clock is very near to the edge it is a big mistake I closed the battery percentage to get rid of this on Oreo but with Android 9 battery icon changed and clock is very near to the edge again.(NOT FIXED) -Update1: When an app sending its' second notification name of the app seems cropped (NOT FIXED)
56 REPLIES 56

Last edited by LostSonOfAragorn on 2019/1/24 21:04
Emilee_ASUS posted on 2019/1/16 07:07 Hi LostSonOfAragorn, Sorry for my late reply.
Thank you for your reply , many of the issues seems fine now except two things; 1 - the Pixel type navigation bar still seems laggy I want the use it but I can't because of this it seems bad to my eyes (if I pull the navigation bar fast I feel like fps drops ) 2 - If I get more than one notification from same app the app name seems like "nstagram" or "htsapp" or "Oogle" (appearing on the left side of the notch , you can find the screenshots at the first page) But many of the issues seems fixed thank you a lot. :) And another question ; Do you have a plan for dark mode , I know it's a LCD panel but it would be good for "night users" 😄

stefra85
Star I
Emilee_ASUS posted on 2019/1/16 06:07 Hi LostSonOfAragorn, Sorry for my late reply.
Hi, I noticed that the Audiowizard profile for the Asus Rog Strix Fusion 300 headset is missing, after the WW_16_0610_1901_74 update. It was under the "STRIX" brand, in Audiowizard. Could you please restore it in the next update?

yamikaz3
Star I
The admins here seem to have no idea of what's going on with their company and phones they make. Keep telling users to reboot the phone and reinstall apps don't mean that you guys have helped in fixing the problems. Just because the bugs disappear after doing such things doesn't mean the bugs are fixed. It is still there because something is wrong with your phone. Please release a stable and more better updates. ASUS has been like this for years, very slow in solving problems as if they have no fcking idea with what they build. This version of Android Pie. it just doesn't work with all those bugs lurking, it is just a trash version of android pie from Asus.

ServiceE_Asus
Star I
Last edited by Emilee_ASUS on 2019/2/13 14:58 Hi All, For the state bar closer to the edge. This issue will improve this in the second time firmware update, please stay tuned with ZenTalk forum. https://www.asus.com/zentalk/forum.php?mod=forumdisplay&fid=39 Thank you.

ServiceE_Asus
Star I
LostSonOfAragorn posted on 2019/1/24 20:09 Thank you for your reply , many of the issues seems fine now except two things; 1 - the Pixel type ...
Hi LostSonOfAragorn, Good day. 1 - the Pixel type navigation bar still seems laggy I want the use it but I can't because of this it seems bad to my eyes (if I pull the navigation bar fast I feel like fps drops ) >> Please kindly show me a short video of your operation. 2 - If I get more than one notification from same app the app name seems like "nstagram" or "htsapp" or "Oogle" (appearing on the left side of the notch , you can find the screenshots at the first page) >> I've reported this matter to our tech team. 3. After confirming with our tech team, this problem has improved in the latest version WW-16.0610.1901.74. This night mode is intended for Splendid. Please kindly see the red box settings in Splendid feature as below screenshot. Thank you.