Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Device Unlock

artismarti
Star I
  1. Model Name: Zenfone 7 Pro ZS670KS
  2. Firmware Version: Android 12
  3. Rooted or not: Not

I've read a lot of posts here about the issue where Asus has discontinued their promised support of the Device Unlock. This one is great, though ASUS SHOULD make an official statement themselves and not force customers to contact support of spend hours searching for an asnwer. However, from what I've seen leading up to 2023, ZenFone 7 (pro) is not one of the devices where ASUS has removed the option of users unlocking their devices, even though there is no Device Unlock App available for download nor setting in Developer Options.

Does anyone know if ASUS is just trying to drop all their support for this? Would be great if anyone from ASUS responded, though I have seen a few posts that has just been locked and have not gotten any response.

If ASUS really has stopped providing this option, then it's sad to see them turning phones to e-waste. I quite liked ASUS, but this has had me re-evaluate keeping, updating, buying and recommending any ASUS products- If this is the route ASUS has chosen to go.

I remain optimistic! Would be great to use my phone as I'd like to use it.

0 REPLIES 0