This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenfone 10 unlock bootloader does not work!

BeFa
Star I

Hi,

I received my Zenfone 10 today and tried to unlock the bootloader with the Asus unlock app 1.0.0.7. The app failed with error code 24803. Is there a newer/working version of the app or are there other ways to unlock the bootloader?

I'am really disappointed that this does not work because the ability to unlock the bootloader and root the device was the main reason I bought the Asus instead of other high-end smartphones like the Samsung S23 or the Xiaomi 13.

24 REPLIES 24

whatelseSH
Star I

@asus give me unlock app... please allow this poor Korean using clean phone call with voLTE!! 

donlavonatkins
Star II

3rd Quarter is almost over and no news on the bootloader yet.

wombatch
Star II

I'm wondering whether the whole boot loader unlock thing is actually a google conspiracy/licence tie for the vendors so many of them seem to be stopping boot loader unlock. I ordered a zenfone because unlock was still possible, when I got it, it wasn't. Now I have a paperweight or a google tracker!

IceBeam
Star I

October is here. Where is the unlock tool? Won't be looking forward to Zenphones from now on.

nando1413
Star I

We appreciate your contact and understand your desire to boot loader your device, however we inform you that the official Asus tool for unlocking the Bootloader for this and other devices has been discontinued. No longer available on the model page, therefore, we are unable to send you this resource or provide other guidance/processes.

🥲