This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shutdown Device with Authentication ?

zenplay
Star II

I just moved to asus, but unfortunately if my device is lost, someone can shut it down or enable airplane mode without any authentication pin / biometric so we can't track the device using find my phone which need access to the internet, I think this feature must through authentication fisrt for safety reason

fortunately, gps and mobile data toggle require authentication first

when will asus add this feature? I think this is a mandatory feature in every mobile phone

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mansi_ASUS

Hey @zenplay,
Thank you for your feedback, I have forwarded it to the R&D department.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

tochmi
Zen Master I

I agree with the problem. But I'm sorry to tell you that it's because Google has done it that way. Asus can fix it, yes, as it has done with some things like hiding the navigation bar. 

But the security problem is obvious and I already created a thread about it where the moderators replied to me.

https://zentalk.asus.com/t5/zenfone-9/additional-anti-theft-security-essential/td-p/386465 

oloczeka
Star I

Someone needn't shut phone down/enable airplane mode. Simply removing SIM card is enough so there won't be mobile data.

well, sim card removal is a physical things and it's need an ejector to remove, at least there are protection in the software level