This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PPS charging not always working

chickenandegg
Star III

I bought this phone last week. It has a problem recognizing PPS chargers as quite often the hypercharge functionality doesn't kick in and the phone indicates regular fast charging instead.

It seems that the included charger always works as it should but If I use a 30 Watt Google Pixel charger for example which also supports PPS it often doesn't. Then when I plugin the Asus charger until it indicates Hypercharge and then switch back to the Google charger then it also shows Hypercharge.

It looks like there might be something not right with PPS support of this phone. I'm hoping it's a software issue.

I have several PPS chargers in the house and also a car charger that supports it (and which has the same issue with this phone). They all work fine with a Samsung Galaxy S23 as that always uses super fast charging with all these chargers. So it really seems the problem is in the Zenfone 10.

Hope support can look into this. I've installed all the latest updates.

5 REPLIES 5

chickenandegg
Star III

Hi. I just made 5 log files which I will share with you via PM.

It's 5 very short charge cycles with 3 different chargers. First two are third party chargers with which the phone went to fast charging. Then the Asus charger is plugged in making the phone go to hypercharge mode. Then the same two 3rd party chargers again that then also make the phone use hypercharge.

Every log spans only about 10-15 seconds so I didn't make screenshots. Every run I enabled the log process, locked the phone, double tapped to wake, plugged in the charger and waited until the message with the charging status. Then I waited a couple seconds everytime, unplugged the charger, unlocked the phone and stopped and saved the log.