This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No AT&T 5G since Android 14

Bananimus
Star III

I got my Zenfone 10 (512 GB, US version) a few weeks ago. I swapped my AT&T SIM from a Samsung S10e into it and it's been working perfectly all this time, 5G and all.

Last night I received the Android 14 update. As soon as the phone rebooted, any time the phone connects to AT&T, it works for one or two minutes. Then it disconnects with a notification that my provider has temporarily disabled voice, and same message for data.

I eventually realized turning off 5G service in the SIM data settings allows voice and data to remain connected.

I called AT&T. They said the phone is whitelisted and everything looks okay on their end. They tried pushing a reprovision. That seemed to work, but it only lasted about half an hour before the same problem started. In the first call, AT&T said a new SIM (5G) might help, however my SIM is only 3 months old so they do not think this is a problem. They suggested if there's any further trouble, I contact ASUS.

I'll request the new SIM. But in the meantime, it's suspicious that as soon as my phone rebooted with Android 14 update, it kept getting kicked off of AT&T 5G. Is there some issue with the update?

Edit to add: If I'm somewhere with a very, very strong AT&T 5G signal, it stays connected with 5G enabled and no problems.

16 REPLIES 16

Thanks for posting this, JessieS. I'll at least not bother with the SIM replacement until I can get feedback from ASUS. The [AT&T] rep I spoke to had said she highly doubted that was my problem either, as the phone was working fine on 5G before the update, and my SIM was only a few months old (same kind I'd get if I went to the store).

Besides a response from ASUS, I might also try seeing if AT&T can escalate. Maybe something on their end doesn't like Zenfone 10 + Android 14.

Given that it stays connected for at least 8 hours when the 5G signal is strong though, that seems to me like an issue with the update not handling handoffs between 5G/4G correctly though.

Hey @Bananimus,

Can you please share a log file?

Please follow the below steps to enable the built-in log tool (Bug reporter).
1.  Open “Calculator APP”
2.  Enter “.19595+=”
3.  Select the Log type according to the type of issue you want to capture. “Phone, mobile networks, and signal”
4.  After your selection the log tool will exit so you can duplicate the issue or wait for it to happen. Try to use the screen recorder to show your issue when possible. If you can't screen record your issue, then please take a screenshot right after the issue has occurred (as a timestamp) so we know where to look in the log.
5.  Navigate back to the log tool via calculator and Tap "FINISH AND SHARE".
6. It takes several minutes for the log to generate. You can exit and do other stuff in the meantime. A silent notification will tell you once the process is done. Tap the notification and then the share button to upload the file to Google Drive and share the link with a moderator. Just make sure to change the permission first so that everyone with the link has permission to view it.
Note: When you're no longer planning on logging your device, enter “.09595+=” in the calculator and the log tool will stop as well as deleting all stored log files. Make sure to share via calculator. The files found in internal storage -> asus_log are not the correct files (they are only 1.2kb)

Hi @Mansi_ASUS . I followed your instructions and privately sent Drive links to the log file and a screen recording. It shows turning the 5G back on, and about 25 seconds after tapping to turn on 5G (~8:35:10am PST), the celluar service disconnects as described.

Mansi, just wanted to follow up. Was the log received, and is there any more you need from me, or a diagnosis?

Thank you.

Bananimus
Star III

In the off chance anyone is following this thread since a few reported the same problem. I've been told that the data I provided has been given to their R&D group. No results yet though.