This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Longer OS updates

test2
Star I

In light of the Pixel 8 announcement where Google commits to 7 years of updates, and Samsung providing 4 OS updates and 7 years of security updates. Will Asus commit to supporting the Zenfone 10 for longer than the promised 2 OS updates and 4 years of security updates?

Zenfone 10 launched with Android 13, and Android 14 is already released. This means next year Android 15 releases, after which Zenfone 10 will no longer receive OS upgrades (only security updates). 

6 REPLIES 6

Vinz_uk80
Star II

Yes, I wish Asus will add another year for os updates, until Android 16 plus  years of security patches, that would be great 👍

Agree with this one. The phone is introduced when Android 14 is just right around the corner, this makes two OS updates practically feels like just one.

ahmedbloshiee
Star I

@test2 wrote:

In light of the Pixel 8 announcement where Google commits to 7 years of updates, and Samsung providing 4 OS updates and 7 years of security updates. Will Asus commit to supporting the Zenfone 10 for longer than the promised 2 OS updates and 4 years of security updates?

Zenfone 10 launched with Android 13, and Android 14 is already released. This means next year Android 15 releases, after which Zenfone 10 will no longer receive OS upgrades (only security updates).

SGHFan
Star III

To be fair, I came to the Zenfone from two EOL OnePlus phones (ended support on 11 and 13), so I'm happy getting up to 15. Would be happier to see 16 on the Zenfone.