This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Longer OS updates

test2
Star I

In light of the Pixel 8 announcement where Google commits to 7 years of updates, and Samsung providing 4 OS updates and 7 years of security updates. Will Asus commit to supporting the Zenfone 10 for longer than the promised 2 OS updates and 4 years of security updates?

Zenfone 10 launched with Android 13, and Android 14 is already released. This means next year Android 15 releases, after which Zenfone 10 will no longer receive OS upgrades (only security updates). 

6 REPLIES 6

v3l0ct
Star III

Google is known to kill things fast so as much as 7 years sounds awesome, they'll have to prove that one to me.  I typically change my phone every two years so 7 years although nice, it's really is not going to do anything for me. But that is just me. 

Boisenberry
Rising Star I

Don't hold your breath on updates; ZF9 isn't being update after 1 year regularly even though it should for 2 years.   I think the key takeaway is plan on maybe 1-2 years of use a little more based on risk tolerance and get a new phone.   My ZF9 is warning me it is at risk and needs to be updated, none is available.