This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZenBook UX582ZM microphone location? Where is it or are they?? Simple question!!!

Randywfl
Star I

5 REPLIES 5

Randywfl
Star I

I am the OP and I couldn't figure out how to use this forum to ask the above question in a normal post so I had to resort to using the Reply feature.
  I tried to ask Asus tech support but those idiots just keep telling me I have to replace my display panel.   Just want to know where is the microphone?  I first asked Kareen, an Asus chat tech and she told me Yes there is more than one microphone on the UX852ZM ZenBook "microphone array", but could not tell me where they are located.  Best anyone could tell me was the microphone (singular) is located next to the webcam in the top of the display.  This is typical for most laptops,  but not all.  My EEE PC has two microphones located in the bezel at the bottom of the display panel as documented in the user manual.  Why the UX582UM user manual does not show the location of the microphone and/or microphone array is a big mystery even  Asus cannot explain.  How can brain dead morons create such a great product and not know how to documant it, I  will never understand.

@Randywfl 
The microphone is located as follows.
Thank you.

Falcon_ASUS_0-1729835835959.png

Randywfl
Star I

Thank you for the reply Falcon_ASUS but could you also direct me to the document that diagram came from?  I've looked very closely around the camera with a powerful magnifying glass and there are no microphone pinholes near that camera as indicated in your diagram.  If I press my thumb firmly across that section of the bezel the microphone is not attenuated in the least so I am convinced that diagram is not accurate.  I do however see four pinholes along the top edge of the bezel, but I have been unable to confirm whether or not they constitute the alleged "microphone array".  If you zoom in on the attached you can actually see where those pinholes are located.

@Randywfl 
This is based on the location indicated in the layout. However, since this is internal information, we cannot provide it to you. The image we provided is marked according to the corresponding location in the manual. Thank you.