cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenbook UX3402ZA Black screen

bobsonian
Star II

Hi all,

My Zenbook  14 OLED (bought last November) is turning on but there are no keyboard lights and the screen is black, I've tried a hard reset several times but with no luck.  The laptop itself is turning on, I've attached an external display and this also doesn't work. I tried connecting an external keyboard and it appears there is no power to the USB 3 port as no lights came on.

If the laptop is powered off I cannot turn it on again unless I perform a hard reset, the lights comes on then blinks and goes off.

Does anyone have alternative ways to fix this or is this a return/repair job?

Thanks in advance.

15 REPLIES 15

Yes, happened straight after an update. Have already tried Solution #1 & #2 to no avail. Laptop turns on (light shows and can hear fan running) but nothing on the screen. Exact same as OP.

@Jp_ffc 

I had to send mine for repair, this is the reply I had after asking 5 or 6 six times what the issue was

'No further reports on what has caused power issue and other issues, issue with Mainboard however, this was resolved as per ASUS process with Jig board bios upgrade.'

There was no power issue, basically they updated the BIOS using a jig because it wasn't possible to do anything else with the laptop as the BIOS most likely was too corrupt to recognise hardware like the screen and keyboard.

Hopefully yours is under warranty if not PC repair shops might be able to sort it out. Good luck.

Thanks mate, much appreciated - sounds the exact same issue as mine. Thankfully still under warranty!

Willjoe
Star II

Please turn off the laptop (press and hold the Power button for 15 seconds until the Power light is OFF to force shut down) and remove the AC adapter, then press and hold the Power button for 40 seconds to do Hard reset.

Regards,

Will

Jp_ffc
Star I

Posted this reply in error