Battery or AC: both
Model: UX325EA
Frequency of occurrence: always
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:
hello,
When i start my laptop the CPU is 90% of the time at a nice high speed on OC and super stable, whether it's on AC or also on battery - in high performance mode, and "performance" from the Asus app, great!! for instance i get 4.05 - 4.35 - 4.50 ghz.
BUT when i unplug AC then it drops down noticeably. Even if i am on battery FIRST stable on 4.3ghz then I plug in the AC then it drops. it seems when there is a "change" in power source, there is a drop or something triggers.
Why does this happen?
During these times, laptop wasn't under pressure or load or anything at that time, so is really cold and cool, no temperature increase (which i know affects the tiny zenbook), so why does the clock drops so much when you change the power source? either on battery TO AC or AC to battery? simply by unplugging or plugging it? all intel power savings are switched off.
is that because the machine thinks that during AC operation it might overheat? then if i restart it goes again to high frequency. or just cycling on and off hibernate 2-3 times, which is what i do most often, sometimes it even takes 4 cycles of hibernation, which are fast anyway since it's a very fast laptop. Still is it possible to avoid this?
thanks
Gabrio
27 REPLIES 27

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello Gabrio,
We have not received any similar feedback.
I have sent you PM, please share your product SN with me there.
Thank you very much.

gabrio81
Rising Star I
yep, apologies i was sleeping, i'm in Europe 🙂 replied just now.

SYED_MUHAMMAD
Star I
hi I have sent you PM, please share your product SN with me there.
Thank you very much.

gabrio81
Rising Star I
i shared that with your colleague Blake earlier

ferko1276
Star I
@SYED MUHAMMAD you are not even a mod...
nice copy paste though 😄