This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZenBook S 16 UM5606 display VRR setting gone

PaulNi2
Star I

When the laptop first came, there was an option to activate VRR in settings. After the recent update, the setting is disabled with "Dynamic refresh rate isn't supported" being displayed.

What has happened?

4 REPLIES 4

alescak
Star I

@smithalex wrote:
wrote:

When the laptop first came, there was an option to activate VRR in settings. After the recent update, the setting is disabled with "Dynamic refresh rate isn't supported" being displayed.

What has happened?

The recent update likely changed or removed the support for VRR (Variable Refresh Rate) on your laptop, causing the setting to be disabled. This could be due to a driver update, a change in system compatibility, or an issue with the update itself. I recommend checking for any further updates, including graphics drivers, or rolling back to a previous version if possible to restore VRR functionality.

The recent update may have affected the VRR (Variable Refresh Rate) support on your laptop. This could be due to changes in the graphics driver, display settings, or system firmware. To troubleshoot:

1. Update Graphics Drivers: Ensure that your GPU drivers are up-to-date, as outdated or incompatible drivers can disable VRR.

2. Check Display Settings: Verify that your display supports VRR and that the correct refresh rate is selected.

3. Rollback Update: If the issue started after a specific update, consider rolling back the update or checking for any new patches.

4. Firmware Update: Check for any BIOS or firmware updates from the laptop manufacturer that might restore VRR functionality.

If the issue persists, contacting the laptop manufacturer's support might be necessary.

Falcon_ASUS

@PaulNi2 
May I know the complete model name of the laptop you are using?
[Windows 11/10] How to check the model name and BIOS version

Could you provide a screenshot of the error message and the driver version you updated for us to verify?
Additionally, please provide the current BIOS version and system version (operating system build numbers).
Thank you.

@PaulNi2 
After confirmation, the Windows DRR feature is currently unstable, the VRR option for this version of the graphics card driver is disabled, which is considered a normal occurrence. Thank you.