This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZENBOOK PRO DUO UX582 SETUP 2 EXTERNAL PRO ART DISPLAY PA279CV WITH USBC/THUNDERBOLT NOT WORKING

schmorrison
Star I
System: ASUS Zenbook Duo UX582
Battery or AC: AC
Model: UX582/PA279CV
Frequency of occurrence: Daily
Reset OS: Yes
Screenshot or video: N/A
========================
Detailed description:
I am experiencing an identical behaviour as the customer that created this thread:
https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/54265/zenbook-pro-duo-ux582lr-setup-2-external-pro-art-displa...

I also have a UX582 with 2x ProArt PA279CV. I intended to connect the laptop to the displays via the Thunderbolt port using a USB-C -> USB-C that came with the Proart displays. The Proart display tech specs state that the USB-C cable that is boxed with the unit seems to be designed for DP Alt Mode, but it does not work. I also tried with a number of other USB-C cables that are confirmed to work on other DP over USB-C setups.
I also tried a USB-C -> Displayport adapter which does work, but it leaves the USB hub functionality non-existent.

I've updated drivers and BIOS, and spent well over $5k on this setup. Very surprising that it does not work as advertised.

Please expedite a response if you could.

Thanks and best regards, and Happy New Years!

Sam Morrison
7 REPLIES 7

Hello, schmorrison . Sorry for the slow reply.

For the warranty section, it appears as UX582LR and UX582HS.303 under the system info section. Could you please provide the serial number of your laptop via PM and also a screenshot of the system info for us to better understand the actual specs of the device?

According to your description, there are two of the PA279CV, and both of the monitors can be used normally before, but after it is disconnected, the two PA279CVs cannot be connected again.

May I confirm if your OS version is Windows 11? Please check the PM inbox at the top right corner of the screen as well.

Thank you!

schmorrison
Star I

ASUS Zentalk support has helped me connect both of my monitors (PA279CV) to my laptop (UX582.HS) via USB-C including full USB hub functionality. I will update with a photo when I get them all together on the same desk.

ZenBot
Community Manager
Community Manager
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.