cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenbook bloatware, optimization

Elven
Star II
Hi,
I just got a Zenbook 14 Flip OLED and I'm trying to debloat it as much as possible. There's nothing I despise more than crap being installed and running on your brand new machine.
The MyAsus app is ok. It has a lot of functionality that I don't need however. All I need is:
Battery health charging, Fan profile, ASUS OLED care, OLED flicker free dimming and Color profiles.
I don't want any of the AI stuff, no target mode, no screen xpert, no myasus account, no glide whatever.
Is there anyway I can nuke these functions? like not just ignore them on that list but remove their entries completely. I also don't want the app to keep checking for updates automatically.
bloat.png
(That list +AsusSIAO system analysis IO, Asus Optimization and Asus System Analysis)
I fired up autoruns and I'm looking for some advice on what I can disable here without messing with the stuff that I actually need from MyAsus (above in bold).
Thank you.
5 REPLIES 5

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
You can remove those applications AsusSIAO system analysis IO, Asus Optimization and Asus System Analysis
from Asus folder under C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\

Elven
Star II
RAJU.MSC.MATHEMATICS

You can remove those applications AsusSIAO system analysis IO, Asus Optimization and Asus System Analysis

from Asus folder under C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\

View post
Thanks, do you happen to know what they do?
What happens if I remove an exe or a dll that is responsible for OLED care or something like that, do I get notified that OLED care isn't working anymore?

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
Elven

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/238475#Comment_238475

Thanks, do you happen to know what they do?

What happens if I remove an exe or a dll that is responsible for OLED care or something like that, do I get notified that OLED care isn't working anymore?

View post
Only remove corresponding exe file. Currently my Vivo book does not support system control interface driver, so I not installed..
After removing, you may get notifications.

Elven
Star II
This would be the perfect place for some tech support from ASUS to come and shine some light on what these services actually do, but alas.