Star II
System: Zenbook Flip 15 Pro OLED, Windows 11 22H2
Battery or AC: Both
Model: UP6502ZD.305
Frequency of occurrence: Always present
Reset OS: 2 weeks ago, not for this
Screenshot or video: Picture attached
========================
I ran Windows update today and everything seemed to go smooth except for some Realtek software components. Screen snips are shown below.
Under Windows Update it shows pending updates available for the Realtek items, however, hitting Download & Install results in a very rapid transition to a retry option and an error code 0x80248007.
Under driver update history, there are lines and lines of Realtek updates, both successful and failed for the subject Realtek versions. I grabbed a screen shot that shows the last successful updates and then failures since then. Strange is that the last successful updates are the same version as what Windows Update is constantly trying to install.
The "Last Checked" time does not update. It seems Windows is unable to check or refresh available updates with this error in the way.
I have run the Windows Update troubleshooter with no improvement. I have run DISM and sfcscan with no errors found. I have also booted into Safe Mode and deleted the Software Distribution folder under C:/Windows/SoftwareDistribution to clear out anything old.
As an aside, 2 weeks ago I did a complete reset and installed a fresh copy of the OS from Asus using WinRE because the laptop kept freezing. The freezing issue went away with the fresh install of Windows, but it takes a while for me to get all my software installed again and to setup my licenses. I am not going to reset Windows and do this again.
Thanks for any help,
RM
updateerror2022-10-05-121627.png
updateretry2022-10-05-121627.png
realtekhistory2022-10-05-121933.png

9 REPLIES 9

FongPoui
Rising Star II
My suggestion is to create a recovery drive!!! You need a 32GB usb and run the app "recovery drive" as shown below.
All your windows and softwares will get a backup in this drive and when you have to reset your laptop, you just put that recovery drive into your usb port and you will get your old system back. You will need to update your backup when you install your new licensed softwares... I have Iclone 8, character creator 4, some purchased blender addons... I understand your point that it is very tiring to reinstall all purchased softwares. The most important, some softwares will get lost its installation limitations.

recovery-drive-06-10-2022.png
ra

Falcon_ASUS
RoMagura
  1. System: Zenbook Flip 15 Pro OLED, Windows 11 22H2
  2. Battery or AC: Both
  3. Model: UP6502ZD.305
  4. Frequency of occurrence: Always present
  5. Reset OS: 2 weeks ago, not for this
  6. Screenshot or video: Picture attached

========================

I ran Windows update today and everything seemed to go smooth except for some Realtek software components. Screen snips are shown below.

Under Windows Update it shows pending updates available for the Realtek items, however, hitting Download & Install results in a very rapid transition to a retry option and an error code 0x80248007.

Under driver update history, there are lines and lines of Realtek updates, both successful and failed for the subject Realtek versions. I grabbed a screen shot that shows the last successful updates and then failures since then. Strange is that the last successful updates are the same version as what Windows Update is constantly trying to install.

The "Last Checked" time does not update. It seems Windows is unable to check or refresh available updates with this error in the way.

I have run the Windows Update troubleshooter with no improvement. I have run DISM and sfcscan with no errors found. I have also booted into Safe Mode and deleted the Software Distribution folder under C:/Windows/SoftwareDistribution to clear out anything old.

As an aside, 2 weeks ago I did a complete reset and installed a fresh copy of the OS from Asus using WinRE because the laptop kept freezing. The freezing issue went away with the fresh install of Windows, but it takes a while for me to get all my software installed again and to setup my licenses. I am not going to reset Windows and do this again.

Thanks for any help,

RM

updateerror2022-10-05-121627.png

updateretry2022-10-05-121627.png

realtekhistory2022-10-05-121933.png

Windows Update Realtek errors
@RoMagura
Maybe you can refer to the information shared on internet.
image.png

RoMagura
Star II
FongPoui

My suggestion is to create a recovery drive!!! You need a 32GB usb and run the app "recovery drive" as shown below.

All your windows and softwares will get a backup in this drive and when you have to reset your laptop, you just put that recovery drive into your usb port and you will get your old system back. You will need to update your backup when you install your new licensed softwares... I have Iclone 8, character creator 4, some purchased blender addons... I understand your point that it is very tiring to reinstall all purchased softwares. The most important, some softwares will get lost its installation limitations.

recovery-drive-06-10-2022.png

ra

View post
This is a good suggestion, I'll look into this. Thank you

RoMagura
Star II
Falcon_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/64555/windows-update-realtek-errors

@RoMagura

Maybe you can refer to the information shared on internet.

image.png

View post
Good thought, I should have mentioned in my oroiginal post that I tried quite a few of the solutions posed that came up on Google. I'd say I spent about 2 hours using Google, looking at different ways people have solved this. Unfortunately none of them worked for me, including this one.

Thanks
RM