This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 11

bsmith100
Star I
I upgraded to WIndows 11 and unfortunately didn't drop back to Windows 10 before the 10 day deadline to do so. (Thanks Microsoft for a whopping 10 days to make that decision, 30 would have been a better choice).
All my settings changed on my Zenbook UX534F. I can't find were I can permanently turn off the smart pad touchpad. I don't like it, I don't use it and I don't like having to turn it off every time I restart my laptop. I've searched and can't find a solution. No matter what I follow online, it keeps turning back on again.
The other thing that's happening is the sensitivity. I've turned down the touch setting to it's lowest level yet when I'm on a webpage with links or going to my bookmarks in Firefox, without even left clicking or tapping it bring up whatever I'm rolling across even though I don't want to do that. How can I turn off that kind of sensitivity?
I'm ready to reboot the whole system with Windows 10.
1 REPLY 1

Falcon_ASUS
bsmith100

I upgraded to WIndows 11 and unfortunately didn't drop back to Windows 10 before the 10 day deadline to do so. (Thanks Microsoft for a whopping 10 days to make that decision, 30 would have been a better choice).

All my settings changed on my Zenbook UX534F. I can't find were I can permanently turn off the smart pad touchpad. I don't like it, I don't use it and I don't like having to turn it off every time I restart my laptop. I've searched and can't find a solution. No matter what I follow online, it keeps turning back on again.

The other thing that's happening is the sensitivity. I've turned down the touch setting to it's lowest level yet when I'm on a webpage with links or going to my bookmarks in Firefox, without even left clicking or tapping it bring up whatever I'm rolling across even though I don't want to do that. How can I turn off that kind of sensitivity?

I'm ready to reboot the whole system with Windows 10.

Windows 11
@bsmith100
If you don’t like Windows 11, you can refer to the following FAQ to restore the system.
[Windows 11] Frequently asked questions about Windows 11 | Official Support | ASUS GlobalCan I go back to Windows 10 after I upgrade if I don’t like Windows 11?
Yes. After you have installed the Windows 11 upgrade, there is a 10-day period where you can move back to Windows 10 while keeping files and data that you brought along with you. After the 10 days, you will need to back up your data and do a “clean install” to move back to Windows 10.
If you need to go back to Windows 10 after Windows 11 upgrade for 10 days, please contact the ASUS authorized repair center for further information.
Note: For Gaming NB/DT models, you can use ASUS Recovery to reset the system to its ASUS factory settings. Here you can learn more about MyASUS Factory Restore Settings Introduction (ASUS Recovery).