Frequency of occurrence: Always
Reset OS: Yes
Screenshot or video:
Battery or AC: Both
System: Windows 10 Pro 11
Model: UX581GV.308
========================
Detailed description:
I get each day when I open the laptop the notification to restart the laptop just after I open it for the HID-compliant touch screen. The error seems to appear after 24h each day or something like this. If I close the laptop the same day, it won't appear, but the next day is here again.

I've had this issue for more than 1 year and reported it few times here and nothing happened. Since then I have reset my Windows several times using the option from Windows, so I kept the laptop's original version. I've also updated to Windows 11 via Windows automatic updates and the error is still there.
screenshot-2021-10-07-225333.png

10 REPLIES 10

Liviu
Rising Star II
MotoWiZ

Hi,

Sometimes this constant notifications for update are due to updates that didn't went well. Try to uninstall the HID-complaint touch screen (it's the one I see in your notification window), resart and install it again after.

View post
I tried it, but I have also reset the Windows like 4 times in the last year and the error is still there after each reset, and also I have updated to Windows 11, and the error didn't disappear.

Liviu
Rising Star II
After checking in device manager, there are 2 HID-complaint touch screen entries, one is requesting restart (the 2nd entry due to hardware change, but it also says that it's working properly) and the first entry is working properly. After uninstalling it and restarting the laptop, the 2nd entry was automatically added again.

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello Liviu,
We have received other similar feedback.
And after checking quite some logs, we found that the devices are fine.
There is a detection mechanism from Microsoft that is causing the issue.
We have not received any progress from them. We will keep pushing that.
Really sorry for the inconvenience caused.
Thank you.

Liviu
Rising Star II
Blake_ASUS

Hello Liviu,

We have received other similar feedback.

And after checking quite some logs, we found that the devices are fine.

There is a detection mechanism from Microsoft that is causing the issue.

We have not received any progress from them. We will keep pushing that.

Really sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Thank you.

View post
What I've noticed is that, when opening the GitHub desktop app, it triggers the notification. But this happens once a day, if I open it again, or the notification already appeared, it won't appear again in the same day. There are other apps that triggers the notification, but GitHub is one app that I use a lot, and this is how I observed the correlation. These apps seem to load something that triggers the hardware change.

Steve_Sykes
Star I

@Blake_ASUS  any update on this issue? I have exactly the same notification asking me to restart my computer to finish setting up this device. I had the issue with Windows 10.  I have done a fresh install and now it continues in Windows 11.