Frequency of occurrence: Always
Reset OS: Yes
Screenshot or video:
Battery or AC: Both
System: Windows 10 Pro 11
Model: UX581GV.308
========================
Detailed description:
I get each day when I open the laptop the notification to restart the laptop just after I open it for the HID-compliant touch screen. The error seems to appear after 24h each day or something like this. If I close the laptop the same day, it won't appear, but the next day is here again.

I've had this issue for more than 1 year and reported it few times here and nothing happened. Since then I have reset my Windows several times using the option from Windows, so I kept the laptop's original version. I've also updated to Windows 11 via Windows automatic updates and the error is still there.
screenshot-2021-10-07-225333.png

10 REPLIES 10

Liviu
Rising Star II
I'm often turning the 2nd screen off when not using it since it has burns pixels (artifacts, shadows from the background lines) from the original ASUS background before they released the ASUS Oled Care option in MyAsus app. Maybe this information helps, in the sense that I often turn on and off the 2nd screen using the keyboard button.

TraderGary
Rising Star I
Have you run myAsus to be sure everything required by ASUS is up to date?

Liviu
Rising Star II
TraderGary

Have you run myAsus to be sure everything required by ASUS is up to date?

View post
Yes, everything is up to date.

MotoWiZ
Rising Star II
Hi,
Sometimes this constant notifications for update are due to updates that didn't went well. Try to uninstall the HID-complaint touch screen (it's the one I see in your notification window), resart and install it again after.