System: UX325EA
Battery or AC: Both
Model: UX325EA
Frequency of occurrence:
Reset OS: No
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:
Was offered the latest windows 11 update. Downloaded fine, asked me to reboot which I did. Was sat on the Asus screen for a while with a spinning circle, then eventually a BSOD.
Driver watchdog error, or something along those lines.
System rebooted and it put me back into W11. Update was there and said it had failed. I've temporarily hit the cross to remove this update from Windows Update.
All my driver's are up to date and have been updated via Windows as and when they've appeared. BIOS is also the latest version.
Anyone else had issues with this at all?
4 REPLIES 4

FongPoui
Rising Star II
For my case, I got an update to 22H2 (mine is 21H2) and got an error code (0X0000005) indicating that it cannot install. I followed a link for that error code and found the solution about Turning off the DEP (Data Execution Prevention).
No issue during the installation. But the system information continues to indicate that my windows version is 21H2 not 22H2!!! I don't know why. I asked to recheck the update: nothing new available. That means the installation update was totally successful.
After running Unreal Engine 5 for a 3D project, I got a BSOD. After data collection by windows and restarting, I ran Blue screen check from MyAsus app (customer support), the result reported that I had an optional update available. It was a WD external disk driver. I updated it. And everything goes smoothly now...

Falcon_ASUS
JBennett360
  1. System: UX325EA
  2. Battery or AC: Both
  3. Model: UX325EA
  4. Frequency of occurrence:
  5. Reset OS: No
  6. Screenshot or video:

========================

Detailed description:

Was offered the latest windows 11 update. Downloaded fine, asked me to reboot which I did. Was sat on the Asus screen for a while with a spinning circle, then eventually a BSOD.

Driver watchdog error, or something along those lines.

System rebooted and it put me back into W11. Update was there and said it had failed. I've temporarily hit the cross to remove this update from Windows Update.

All my driver's are up to date and have been updated via Windows as and when they've appeared. BIOS is also the latest version.

Anyone else had issues with this at all?

UX325EA - Windows 11 22H2 - BSOD on Install
@JBennett360
Please refer to the following FAQ for troubleshooting.
[Notebook/Desktop/AIO] Troubleshooting - How to fix Blue Screen Errors in Windows (BSOD) | Official ...Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

JBennett360
Star III
Falcon_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/64559/ux325ea-windows-11-22h2-bsod-on-install

@JBennett360

Please refer to the following FAQ for troubleshooting.

https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1042499/

Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

View post
Doesn't really help. Like I said. All drivers and updates from Windows Update done.
Latest Bios
Bare minimum software on it.

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.