cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to log in

MehdiAsus
Star I

Hello,

I am unable to log in  to my zenbook. It says incorrect password, although I have not changed it. And pasword tip shows the old pass 2 first numbers. I dont want to reset and loose my data. What can I do with it? Is it software issue?

2 REPLIES 2

rhj09
Star II

Hello,

Here are a few steps you can try before considering a reset:

1. Check Keyboard Layout: Ensure that the keyboard layout (such as language or caps lock) hasn't inadvertently changed, causing the password to appear incorrect.

2. Password Verification: If your password hint shows the old password's first two numbers, try entering variations of your password that include those numbers.

3. External Keyboard: If available, try using an external USB keyboard to enter your password. Sometimes built-in laptop keyboards can have issues.

4. Safe Mode Access: Restart your ZenBook and try accessing Safe Mode (usually by pressing F8 or Shift + F8 during boot). This mode may bypass certain software issues.

5. System Restore: If Safe Mode doesn’t work, consider using System Restore to revert your ZenBook to a previous state where the password worked.

6. Reset as Last Resort: If all else fails and you need access urgently, consider resetting your ZenBook. Ensure you back up your data if possible to avoid data loss.

If these steps don't resolve the issue, it may be beneficial to contact Asus support or visit a service center for further assistance.

Best of luck!

Falcon_ASUS

@MehdiAsus 
Please verify that you have entered the correct password and check if the caps lock key is accidentally pressed.