This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen pad not turning on but works as a mouse pad

farahatem24
Star I
System: Yes (?? - not sure what is meant here except windows 11?)
Battery or AC: Neither
Model: UX434F Notebook PC
Frequency of occurrence: No
Reset OS: No
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:it's been two days since my screen pad was frozen and i ran the optimization tool and since then it just works as a mouse pad only and i can't access the pad. i thought it got disconnected since it wasn't even listed as "Display 2" in settings but that went away when i changed the modes (F6) to screen pad mode, however, normally the display setting, by default, recognizes both displays whether i have the mode changed or not since i could use both interchangeably (as a mousepad or touchscreen).
4 REPLIES 4

Falcon_ASUS
farahatem24
  1. System: Yes (?? - not sure what is meant here except windows 11?)
  2. Battery or AC: Neither
  3. Model: UX434F Notebook PC
  4. Frequency of occurrence: No
  5. Reset OS: No
  6. Screenshot or video:

========================

Detailed description:it's been two days since my screen pad was frozen and i ran the optimization tool and since then it just works as a mouse pad only and i can't access the pad. i thought it got disconnected since it wasn't even listed as "Display 2" in settings but that went away when i changed the modes (F6) to screen pad mode, however, normally the display setting, by default, recognizes both displays whether i have the mode changed or not since i could use both interchangeably (as a mousepad or touchscreen).

Screen pad not turning on but works as a mouse pad
@farahatem24
Please refer to the following FAQ to remove and reinstall ScreenPad.
[Windows 11/10] How to uninstall Apps, Windows installed updates, Drivers | Official Support | ASUS ...[Notebook] Troubleshooting - How to fix the ScreenPad 2.0 problems when it is not working properly o...If the situation remains the same, according to what you described, please contact ASUS repair center in the country of your residence: https://www.asus.com/support/Service-Center-All-Countries/
Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

farahatem24
Star I
i'll try the threads you've sent,, thank you so much!!

farahatem24
Star I
farahatem24

i'll try the threads you've sent,, thank you so much!!

View post
okay,, ive tried the optimizer again, the screen is on with no apps showing or any features. F6 only recognizes a touch pad but settings recognize a second display. i still have got the reboot step left but this is where things usually go downhill and the screen goes back to black, so im not sure if skipping/committing to the reboot is the next step i should do.
also, i'd like to add that there are no drivers installed for asus screenxpert interface and asus system control interface so im not sure if that's normal.

farahatem24
Star I
okay it's working now. im not exactly sure how but i ran all steps in the second article for probably the nth time but maybe it's the order that helped,,
thanks again for the huge help ❤️