Star I
System: UX432eg
Battery or AC: AC
Model:
Frequency of occurrence:
Reset OS: Win 10 home
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:I have a problem with the recovery partition on my UX432. It crashes the computer to a repeating BSOD on bootup.
I tried to sort this myself with a USB copy of windows 10 pro from the microsoft website to effectively start again, but the standard windows media doesn't recognise the NVME drive.
Luckily I had made an acronis backup which saved me. But the recovery partition is still faulty meaning I can only reset back to where the acronis backup was made.
So can anyone suggest bootable window install media that will work with this laptop, or a possible solution to the faulty recovery partition?

3 REPLIES 3

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi Julian,
May you share the error message of the BSOD on the laptop?
Thank you.

MotoWiZ
Rising Star II
Hi,
Couldn't find your laptop model, so hopefully is a typo mistake and you have the UX482, like me.
Follow this guide to install NVMe drivers on the same pen you'll use to install windows 10:
https://www.asus.com/US/support/FAQ/1044458

Julian64
Star I
Can't thank you enough Motowiz. I've been banging my head against the proverbial brick wall for the last two days trying to find that information on the searches. Asus really need to make that a GIANT sticky somewhere!
Now everything working fine and feel brave enough to swap the 500gb drive for the new sabrent 2gb I've just bought knowing that I can recover.
Just now need to work out how I can add those drivers to the the winpe acronis bootable image to be super safe.

Thanks again